Most outstanding human in the world "lineage" since 1880

Feb 2019
Thrace
Let's say since Darwin and Lincoln. This is a very complicated criteria so I'll do my best to explain what I'm looking for: My question is who is the most outstanding(most exceptionally gifted could also be a fair criteria) or(most importantly) most !!!worthy of respect!!! human being on the planet. I want a clear differentiation between influential and outstanding. Being influential is of course very important here as well, but let's say a person like Christopher Columbus is as influential as any, but he was by no means the most worthy of respect human being on the planet(a good example would be Leonardo da Vinci). I've made a list since the very beginning of recorded human history, but things got hard at the very end. My personal criteria is best worded as "most worthy of respect character in the world, based on the values of his own time" so until the Renaissance(at the very least) my list is almost strictly compiled of monarchs/state leaders, but after Newton, the emphasis on scientists is shifted greatly. In the time period I'm asking about, I'd say the criteria is almost exactly as now days(so in that respect much easier).

The "lineage" most also have no gaps, for example person A's reign ends in 1655, and person B's reign starts in 1657(there shouldn't be such gaps).

Here is a template of a poorly compiled lineage for you to work with: John D. Rockefeller(very questionable inclusion, I don't like the idea of a business man being the most outstanding human being on the planet)- Franklin D. Roosevelt - Adolf Hitler / Albert Einstein(Hitler is one of history's greatest villains, so an extremely questionable inclusion with which I'm not satisfied. It also comes down to the praise in his own lifetime, where he was on the one hand ridiculed by western media, but also declared Person of the Year and praised as an outstanding human by some of the greatest philosophers of his time)-Mahatma Gandhi- Winston Churchill -(gap)- John F. Kennedy(questionable choice)-Che Guevara-(gap)- Stephen Hawking- Bill Gates-Elon Musk. Honestly I'm not very satisfied with any of the above except maybe Einstein and Hawking, and the order might be slightly amiss too.

Feb 2019
Thrace
A good way to make this "lineage" is the following: Think of who is the most worthy of respect human being on the planet right now(in your own opinion) and start from there. Then you think who was the most outstanding guy in the world before your current guy became so, and continue until 1880.

Oct 2016
Merryland
US President Donald Trump 1946-
driving force in renewal of capitalism and restored US economy; calmed tensions between USA and North Korea

Joss Whedon 1964-
artistic genius behind tv show 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'; director of The Avengers, The Age of Avengers, and Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, among other works.

US President Ronald Reagan 1911-2004
orchestrated ultimate victory in the Cold War; restored USA morale and optimism

US President John F Kennedy 1917-1963
social liberal, financial conservative; worked for improved civil rights domestically and the control of communism internationally

US President Dwight Eisenhower 1890-1969
led allied military to victory in WWII; as US President kept Cold War under control; oversaw terrific economic growth

Winston Churchill 1874-1965
Prime Minister of Great Britain; helped lead victory over the axis forces in WWII

US President Theodore Roosevelt 1858-1919
US Vice President, military officer (Spanish-American War); crusading progressive that made US government a servant of the people; instrumental in consumer protection and the tearing down of oligarchic financial trusts

I honestly can't think of many major positive individuals from 1880 to TR

Feb 2019
Thrace
I honestly can't think of many major positive individuals from 1880 to TR
It might be because they are very vulnerable to criticism and seem all too human for us because of their proximity to our lifetime, while the historical figures of the past are enshrined legends. Still, I'm hoping more poeple would give a shot at making their own chronology.

Oct 2016
Merryland
It might be because they are very vulnerable to criticism and seem all too human for us because of their proximity to our lifetime, while the historical figures of the past are enshrined legends. Still, I'm hoping more poeple would give a shot at making their own chronology.
I don't recall much happening in those years, except WWI, which was a nightmare. maybe Tennyson for his poetry.
maybe Edison. scientific genius but by many accounts a jerk.

maybe Tesla? a true genius and apparently a decent human being.

Feb 2019
Thrace
I don't recall much happening in those years, except WWI, which was a nightmare. maybe Tennyson for his poetry.
maybe Edison. scientific genius but by many accounts a jerk.

maybe Tesla? a true genius and apparently a decent human being.
Tesla is no doubt one of the most most brilliant minds of all time and in retrospective, one of the most influential humans during this time period, but iirc he wasn't respected much during his own lifetime(which is one of the criteria for the selection) and like you say, Edison was a jerk.

Reactions: Runa and sailorsam
Oct 2016
Merryland
Ogg the Singed, inventor of fire.
IIRC Ogg invented fire before 1880
otherwise the Alexandria Library would not have burned, which I believe happened in the War of 1812 when the bloody brits burned Washington.
history is full of tragedies