Musical instruments of your country

Mar 2018
Greece
the purpose of this thread is to present the main musical instruments of our country's music

I will start with Greece, and the main instruments of traditional Greek genres: Violin, Bouzouki, mandolin, Clarinet and Lyra:

stevev

Ad Honorem
Apr 2017
Las Vegas, NV USA

Another of Tesla's overlooked inventions. Don't listen to this longer than one minute though. It may affect delicate parts of your brain.

olly

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
the purpose of this thread is to present the main musical instruments of our country's music

I will start with Greece, and the main instruments of traditional Greek genres: Violin, Bouzouki, mandolin, Clarinet and Lyra:

Love it, ye know thats a big sound for 2 guys, amazin!!

olly

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
my stuff is Scottish..

fhada bho nach fhaca mi thu .. long time no see... xx

The instruments of celtic music
  • Fiddle.
  • Flute.
  • Tin Whistle (pennywhistle)
  • Bagpipes and Uilleann pipes.
  • Bombarde.
  • Free Reed Instruments. Melodeon. Button Accordion. Piano Accordion. Concertina.
  • Banjo.
  • Mandolins, citterns, bouzoukis, guitars.

Last edited:

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland

Yangqin is of Persian in origin; it is considered Chinese today. If any people know musical instruments of First Nations, please tell me.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India

Yangqin is of Persian in origin; it is considered Chinese today. If any people know musical instruments of First Nations, please tell me.
The Persian name is Santur. In India also we have similar instrument called Santoor(the name was changed during Muslim rule in india), the instrument originated in Kashmir in ancient times was called Shat tantri veena(100 string guitar). The sound is also very different from Iranian or Chinese version.

Similar History Discussions