Muslim Holocaust and Jewish Holocaust

Status
Closed
Nov 2015
Andromeda
The Jews were the scapegoat and were blamed for the all the problems that Germany was having before and during WWII. Anti-Jewish sentiment did not only exist in Nazi Germany and it existed throughout European History. Due to this, the Jews suffered the holocaust which was an unforgivable act and will always be remembered in History. Muslims are now the new scapegoat and are being blamed for many problems Europe is having. Anti-Islamic sentiment is rising exponentially. Let's just hope that another tragedy such as a potential "Muslim holocaust" doesn't happen.

If History tells us anything, History repeats itself because people don't learn from past mistakes.

Last edited:
Apr 2016
United Kingdom
Every time there's an Islamist attack, the overwhelming multitude of public figures and people in the street come out against 'Islamophobia' or indeed any criticism of the religion at all. Hatred isn't 'rising exponentially.' Muslims aren't scapegoated for anything except as a subset of immigration, which definitely is to blame for the things it's accused of (like increasing the population...). So, no, these dire two-pronged appeals to Godwin's law and victimhood don't wash with me. There won't be a Muslim Holocaust. There almost certainly will be a restricting of otherwise-lax immigration standards - particularly when it comes to refugees - and many aspects of 'traditional' (i.e. brutal) fundamentalist culture will be shown the door, by force if needs be. But that's all just defining residency parameters. Not a Holocaust.

Last edited:

Lucius

Forum Staff
Jan 2007
Nebraska
The Jewish Holocaust went on for centuries.

I doubt the Muslim version will last as long.

The world is shrinking faster and faster all the time.

But people everywhere prefer to think for themselves, and not let some "Dear Leader" do their thinking for them.

It's always those "Dear Leaders" that think mass murder is the solution to every problem.

If one only has a hammer, every problem looks like a nail, as somebody famous once said.

beorna

Ad Honoris
Jan 2010
-
The Jewish Holocaust went on for centuries.

I doubt the Muslim version will last as long.

The world is shrinking faster and faster all the time.

But people everywhere prefer to think for themselves, and not let some "Dear Leader" do their thinking for them.

It's always those "Dear Leaders" that think mass murder is the solution to every problem.

If one only has a hammer, every problem looks like a nail, as somebody famous once said.
The Holocaust went on for centuries? Have I missed something? You probably wanted to say, that pogroms against Jews happened since many hundreds of years?

beorna

Ad Honoris
Jan 2010
-
Every time there's an Islamist attack, the overwhelming multitude of public figures and people in the street come out against 'Islamophobia' or indeed any criticism of the religion at all. Hatred isn't 'rising exponentially.' Muslims aren't scapegoated for anything except as a subset of immigration, which definitely is to blame for the things it's accused of (like increasing the population...). So, no, these dire two-pronged appeals to Godwin's law and victimhood don't wash with me. There won't be a Muslim Holocaust. There almost certainly will be a restricting of otherwise-lax immigration standards - particularly when it comes to refugees - and many aspects of 'traditional' (i.e. brutal) fundamentalist culture will be shown the door, by force if needs be. But that's all just defining residency parameters. Not a Holocaust.
Well, there is a saying, not all muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are muslims. My country, as many other countries, have large numbers of foreigners. There is usually no trouble with Italians, Spaniards, Portuguese, Sebs, Croatians, Poles and others. But there is in several countries a problem with one special group, the muslims. Wherever they build a majority or a great minority, they make trouble. Well, they even try to install their law. They are no scapegoats, they are, especially if they are instrumentalized by their homecountry, a steady threat to our democracies, to our free, western values. The jews were blamed for every problem, but usually weren't. The muslims are a problem. That doesn't men, that a holocaust is likely. If there will be a clash, then because the muslims started it.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
I don't know ... I've got some occasion to get in touch with AfD [Alternative für Deutschland] and I have noted a certain Anti-Islam political platform, but anyway I've also noted the presence of anti-Semite ideas there.

I would say that nowadays German extremists are "balanced" in their "hostile attitude" towards not pure Germans ...

JoanOfArc007

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
The Jews were the scapegoat and were blamed for the all the problems that Germany was having before and during WWII. Anti-Jewish sentiment did not only exist in Nazi Germany and it existed throughout European History. Due to this, the Jews suffered the holocaust which was an unforgivable act and will always be remembered in History. Muslims are now the new scapegoat and are being blamed for many problems Europe is having. Anti-Islamic sentiment is rising exponentially. Let's just hope that another tragedy such as a potential "Muslim holocaust" doesn't happen.

If History tells us anything, History repeats itself because people don't learn from past mistakes.
I find both similarities and differences wrt treatment of the Muslims of today, and of the Jews in the decades prior to WW2. While there are folks today who dislike all Muslims, Muslims are the majority in 50+ countries in the world. If Jews were the majority in Europe during WW2, the Holocaust would not have occurred.

So I can not see how these days it would be plausible if there were to be a Holocaust occur against Muslims as a whole. There may be discrimination and attacks against Muslims in some of the non Muslim majority areas but I dont think its going to led to a Holocaust or even a Kristallnacht.

In order for their to be widespread discrimination against Muslims in modern day Europe, a movement would have to take place similar to the Third Reich movement we saw prior to WW2...and where would it come from? I dont see a big enough support structure in modern day Europe for a Third Reich group to threaten Europe. Anti Muslim viewpoints are an issue, but IMO the bigger issue is in the middle east. ISIL has harmed far more Muslims then non Muslims who have harmed Muslims. Though most of the Middle east has resisted ISIL and it appears ISIL will be defeated. I feel ISIL like groups like AQ, Boko Haram which enjoy little support, will eventually be relegated to a type of status that the modern day KKK and black panthers enjoy.

Last edited:

Lucius

Forum Staff
Jan 2007
Nebraska
The Holocaust went on for centuries? Have I missed something? You probably wanted to say, that pogroms against Jews happened since many hundreds of years?
Sorry, that was my mistake. I meant "a holocaust." Capitalization and stuff was never my forte.

You are right. The Holocaust was only a brief part of the centuries of anti-Jewish mass murder sprees in Europe(or as I like to call it, "a holocaust").

Is there another word for the European mass-murder sprees prior to Hitler's administration?

My guess would be no, because there is not a separate word for something that is just "standard operating procedure".

beorna

Ad Honoris
Jan 2010
-
Sorry, that was my mistake. I meant "a holocaust." Capitalization and stuff was never my forte.

You are right. The Holocaust was only a brief part of the centuries of anti-Jewish mass murder sprees in Europe(or as I like to call it, "a holocaust").

Is there another word for the European mass-murder sprees prior to Hitler's administration?

My guess would be no, because there is not a separate word for something that is just "standard operating procedure".
no problem.
The usual term is pogroms. It was not a standard operation procedure against Jews. Minorities of all kinds were butchered from time to time, not only Jews.

Space Shark

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
Redneck Country, AKA Texas
One of the things I hear alt right apologists say a lot is "the Jews didn't do anything bad, the Muslims did".

Guess they never heard the British press talking about Jews being "carriers of Marxism and other forms of decadence" in the 1930s. It took a genocide to force the West to take Antisemitism seriously.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Status
Closed