Muslim hypocrisy?

Apr 2018
Mythical land.
The polytheists of Mecca were of the same tribe (Quraish) as Muhammad. They did treat him leniently , and Muhammad also treated them leniently when he conquered Mecca.
not really,he destroyed their culture and religion,and proclaimed they can only live if they convert to islam,thats not lenient.

anyway i was talking about blasphemy laws,muhammad killed and ordered to kill any person who was blashpemous of him or his god but wanted free hand in doing the same for pagans,by his own standard he should have been killed by meccans.

Last edited:
Apr 2018
Mythical land.
No. Only Christians believe Jesus was divine. Jews and Muslims don't consider their prophets that way.
As i said either divine or divinely inspired,its always between these two.

So, a person who is intolerant to Nazism, Hindu caste system and so on, is a bigot?
Yes,but this bigotry can be justified on reason,religious or racial one can't be.

Aug 2014
pakistan
not really he destroyed their culture and religion,and proclaimed they can only live if they convert to islam,thats not lenient.

anyway i was talking about blasphemy laws,muhammad killed and ordered to kill any person who was blashpemous of him or his god but wanted free hand in doing the same for pagans,by his own standard he should have been killed by meccans.
He could have opted for war and their annihilation by killing their adult males and enslaving their women and children. His treatment of Meccans is very lenient in context of 7th century tribal Arabia. Meccans were his people. All the Mohajir Muslims had kin and kith in Mecca. They needed Meccans for wars with other tribes of Arabia.

Actually pagans other than Meccans were not so lenient. The people of Taif stoned Muhammad and badly injured him when he preached his religion to them. He had to run away or would have been killed (later, after conquest of Mecca, Taif was attacked and conquered in a bloody war, and their women and children were enslaved after conquest). Even when he was powerful in Medina, his preaching parties, sent to different tribes, were annihilated on some occasions.

Apr 2018
Mythical land.
A person who is intolerant towards those holding hateful ideologies is never considered as a bigot.
doesn't matter,this is what the word means,just because masses are ignorant doesn't mean its meaning will change.

and again religious bigotry can't be justified based on reason therefore its wrong.
and whats your point any way?

Apr 2018
Mythical land.
He could have opted for war and their annihilation by killing their adult males and enslaving their women and children. His treatment of Meccans is very lenient in context of 7th century tribal Arabia. Meccans were his people. All the Mohajir Muslims had kin and kith in Mecca. They needed Meccans for wars with other tribes of Arabia.
Again not really,meccans were far better with him then he ever was with them.

Actually pagans other than Meccans were not so lenient. The people of Taif stoned Muhammad and badly injured him when he preached his religion to them. He had to run away or would have been killed (later, after conquest of Mecca, Taif was attacked and conquered in a bloody war, and their women and children were enslaved after conquest). Even when he was powerful in Medina, his preaching parties, sent to different tribes, were annihilated on some occasions.
Actually they were,according to islamic sources themsleves meccans were far more lenient to muhammad then muslims would have been to any muhammad like person.
blasphemous person would be killed but meccans treated him way better.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA

Actually pagans other than Meccans were not so lenient. The people of Taif stoned Muhammad and badly injured him when he preached his religion to them. He had to run away or would have been killed. Even when he was powerful in Medina, his preaching parties, sent to different tribes, were annihilated on some occasions.
Mohammed killed a few in Mecca when he came back.

The main problem with Islam is that Mohammed brought nothing new to humanity in a moral sense, but lots of bad with violence and intolerance.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
But i guess you are pointing out this as good things about christanity,i do agree that christanity has a good things.

If your point is that europe has a rich and progressive culture then i agree,and if your point is that christanity has good values then i agree as well,but good values don't erase bad ones.
Really? Didn't you say this about Christianity the other day in another thread?:
"christanity with its war rape approval (virgins any one?), rape apologia, slavery, homophobia, genocide (cannite, mideanites), baby killing, etc show a very bad moral standard, if any."
Is it possible to derive an objective standard of morality from completely secular bases?

Apr 2018
Mythical land.
Really? Didn't you say this about Christianity the other day in another thread?:
"christanity with its war rape approval (virgins any one?), rape apologia, slavery, homophobia, genocide (cannite, mideanites), baby killing, etc show a very bad moral standard, if any."
Is it possible to derive an objective standard of morality from completely secular bases?
Do you think its impossible for a ideology to have both good and bad aspect??
i think Christianity is worse then hinduism but it doesn't mean that it doesn't have good aspects or that hinduism by any means is perfect

Last edited:
Feb 2013
Coastal Florida
Yes,but this bigotry can be justified on reason,religious or racial one can't be.
Bigotry has never been defined as merely being anti. Rather, it has traditionally been defined as some variety of an unreasonable viewpoint. A classic example would be a case of prejudice against a minority group (i.e. a conclusion drawn about the group without examining the relevant evidence). Hence, taking a stand against Nazism is not an example of bigotry because it's reasonable to conclude it's a hateful ideology if one has examined its teachings.

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions