Muslim hypocrisy?

Afrasiyab

Ad Honorem
Sep 2007
Thats not true. Hadiths show that they spoke Hebrew, did not consider themselves Arabs (nor they were considered Arabs by Arabs) and claimed Israelite lineage.
Which hadiths actually?
I did not say that they considered themselves Arab, I said that they were practially like the paganist Arabs.

Afrasiyab

Ad Honorem
Sep 2007
I agree with Azad, that if Muslims can be accused of any fault in this regard, it is not with being hypocrites. As a non-Muslim, however, I do have a problem with the notion that Muslims can rightly force their religious views on people who don't follow their religion; from a merely prudential perspective at least, mutual respect between people of different religions (or agnostics or atheists) seems the best attitude and the best course.
Muhammad did not force Islam on anybody. What some Muslims do is not necessarily what Islam commands.

Last edited:
May 2018
On earth.
then what do you use to determine what is muhammad's word and deeds and what were not?
I'm no muslim, but the majority of Muslims I do know take the hadiths with a massive grain of salt. The hadiths are compilations of quotes, many of whom are claims that a person said that a person said that a person said something. In other words, unreliable.

May 2015
Germany
Muhammad did not force Islam on anybody. What some Muslims do is not necessarily what Islam commands.
Except that after he conquered Mecca, he forbid polytheists to visit the Kaaba because they are "unclean" (Sura 9:28). Also when he exterminated the Banu Qurayza, the only ones spared were those who converted to Islam (a whopping three).

Similar History Discussions