Muslim hypocrisy?

Feb 2019
Laniakea Supercluster
It is hypocritical. They’re just hypocrites. It’s ok to only allow Muslims in Mecca, but if Jews only allowed Jews in Jerusalem, or Hindus only allowed people of Dharmic faiths in Varanasi, it wouldn’t be ok. Both those cities have large Muslim populations so they’d have to be kicked out, which isn’t ok, but it was ok to kick out all the non Muslims in Mecca, including the polytheists, Jews, Christians, and other groups, which made up a large part of the population I would assume.

It’s ok to destroy the most holy and largest temples of Hinduism and Buddhism, but it’s not ok to destroy the most holy mosques of islam.

It’s ok to kill gay people for being gay, but it’s not ok to be gay.

Christians used to be like this, but then the enlightenment knocked some sense into them, of course, many Christians are still like this. But these ideas seem to be common in Islam.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
It is hypocritical. They’re just hypocrites. It’s ok to only allow Muslims in Mecca, but if Jews only allowed Jews in Jerusalem, or Hindus only allowed people of Dharmic faiths in Varanasi, it wouldn’t be ok. Both those cities have large Muslim populations so they’d have to be kicked out, which isn’t ok, but it was ok to kick out all the non Muslims in Mecca, including the polytheists, Jews, Christians, and other groups, which made up a large part of the population I would assume.

It’s ok to destroy the most holy and largest temples of Hinduism and Buddhism, but it’s not ok to destroy the most holy mosques of islam.

Christians used to be like this, but then the enlightenment knocked some sense into them, of course, many Christians are still like this. But these ideas seem to be common in Islam.
How about Hindus continuing to impose their religious dietary taboos on non-Hindus? Sounds similar to Islam. For example, Why do Hindus prohibit non-Hindus from eating beef in Indian capital, Delhi? What is going to knock some sense into Hindus here?

Jan 2019
Earth

there are no polytheistic people in Arabia today. Islam made me a better human and I am sure with open mind you can be a better human as well.

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
All Abrahamic religions believe in exclusivity of their God. It is just that Islam is the extreme form of Judaism and Christianity.
A lot of temples were razed to the ground and churches built on top of them in western India at the time of the Portuguese. They were christian zealots and converting the heathens was one of their very important goals. Look up the Goa inquisition.
So lets not forget Christianity's past. Islam is a younger religion and hopefully things will improve.
Any religion which practices "My way only" is a problem.
Herein lays the difference. Neither the Christian nor Jewish Scriptures command their adherents to spread their faith by the edge of the sword. In fact, the contrary is true. Christianity and Judaism demand sincerity from believers. Thus any Christian or Jewish group invested in gaining conversions at the edge of the sword is going against the basic tenets of their faith. Islam on the other hand, in the Quran itself, commands Muslims to spread their religion through warfare, and to slay all those who refuse to convert. Hardly a sincere conversion if one must profess belief at sword point!

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Try finding a similar parallel in the New Testament. You won't because it isn't in there.

Last edited:

John B

Ad Honorem
Mar 2016
Canada
Herein lays the difference. Neither the Christian nor Jewish Scriptures command their adherents to spread their faith by the edge of the sword. In fact, the contrary is true. Christianity and Judaism demand sincerity from believers. Thus any Christian or Jewish group invested in gaining conversions at the edge of the sword is going against the basic tenets of their faith. Islam on the other hand, in the Quran itself, commands Muslims to spread their religion through warfare, and to slay all those who refuse to convert. Hardly a sincere conversion if one must profess belief at sword point!

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Try finding a similar parallel in the New Testament. You won't because it isn't in there.
Also leaving the club gets you the same benefit.

Aug 2014
Australia
Most religions believe that those who dont follow their way are damned.
Most people only belong to one religion.
The logical conclusion from this is that everyone is damned.

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
Most religions believe that those who dont follow their way are damned.
Most people only belong to one religion.
The logical conclusion from this is that everyone is damned.
There is a big difference between a religion espousing to be the absolute truth, and a religion commanding its adherents to kill unbelievers unless they convert. Of the Scriptures of the three major world monotheistic religions, only the Quran commands its followers to spread the faith by the sword. I am not saying that certain Christian and Jewish groups haven't acted in a similar manner. The Spanish Inquisition for instance. What I am saying is that the Jewish and Christian Scriptures do not command believers to spread their faith through violence. Where as the Islamic Scriptures do just that.

Aug 2014
Australia
Of the Scriptures of the three major world monotheistic religions, only the Quran commands its followers to spread the faith by the sword.
Speak not about hypocrisy lest ye have thy glass house stoned.

According to Matthew [10.34], Jesus said, "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to bring peace, but a sword."

According to Thomas [saying 16], Jesus said, "Men indeed think I have come to bring peace to the world. But they do not know that I have come to bring the world discord, fire, sword, war."

Violence has been used to spread Christianity ever since it became the state religion of the Roman Empire. It was official policy for over a thousand years. What Muhammad and Abu Bakr did in the Arab peninsular was no different to what Alfred and Charlemagne did in England and Europe.

Last edited: