Muslim hypocrisy?

Jun 2017
usa
All Abrahamic religions believe in exclusivity of their God. It is just that Islam is the extreme form of Judaism and Christianity.
A lot of temples were razed to the ground and churches built on top of them in western India at the time of the Portuguese. They were christian zealots and converting the heathens was one of their very important goals. Look up the Goa inquisition.
So lets not forget Christianity's past. Islam is a younger religion and hopefully things will improve.
Any religion which practices "My way only" is a problem.

Reactions: Namaka
May 2015
Germany
Hypocisy is a Musim speciality: crying about the crusades while worshipping Khalid ibn Walid and other "heroes" of the Islamic expansion, crying about the Inquisition while "heretics" like the Ahmadiyya or Baha'i get discriminated or even persecuted to this very day, accusing the West of slavery while historically the fundaments of every single Islamic culture were based on slavery.

Last edited:

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
I was wondering if it is hypocritical of Muslims to be extremely offended whenever someone, say, draws a picture of the Prophet Muhammad or burns a Koran at the same time that Muslims appear to have no problem with what Muhammad did in Mecca--specifically destroying a bunch of shrines to other gods at the Kaaba. I mean, if one is not going to show respect towards other people's religions (such as by having no problem in destroying shrines for people with other religions), isn't it a bit hypocritical to complain when other people aren't showing respect to your own religion?
Real Muslims would never feel any hypocrisy here. There are injunctions in Quran and in the examples of Mohammed that are directed against all forms of idols. They believe that such idol worshipping belongs to the world of Jahiliya (ignorance and stupidity). As a result, Muslims feel that they are right when they destroy other people's idols. They also feel that they are rightfully offended by others making idols of their prophet or Allah, and have the right to retaliate. It is the Muslim sensibilities that matter. They won't give a damn about what others think.

Last edited:

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
All Abrahamic religions believe in exclusivity of their God. It is just that Islam is the extreme form of Judaism and Christianity.
A lot of temples were razed to the ground and churches built on top of them in western India at the time of the Portuguese. They were christian zealots and converting the heathens was one of their very important goals. Look up the Goa inquisition.
So lets not forget Christianity's past. Islam is a younger religion and hopefully things will improve.
Any religion which practices "My way only" is a problem.
Were these the temples where the Brahmin priests won't admit low caste Hindus to worship?

Reactions: Futurist