Muslim perception of homosexuality?

Status
Closed
Dec 2015
USA
You're avoiding the question. Its not what Muslims think it's what Islam teaches.
My friend religion is interpreted in different ways. There are various denominations of Islam and Christianity. Not every Muslim agrees on what Islam teaches, not every Christian agrees on what Christianity teaches.

Im not avoiding the question, that is how you feel. My answer to the OP is it depends on which Muslim you ask.

All schools should encourage respect and LGBT acceptance | Letters

Aug 2009
Londinium
My friend religion is interpreted in different ways. There are various denominations of Islam and Christianity. Not every Muslim agrees on what Islam teaches, not every Christian agrees on what Christianity teaches.

Im not avoiding the question, that is how you feel. My answer to the OP is it depends on which Muslim you ask.

All schools should encourage respect and LGBT acceptance | Letters
Your link supports the fact that most Muslims, as supported by the Quran, are homophobic.

How many Muslim leaders/Imans/scholars can you find out of the 1.something billion Mulsims who accept homosexuality within the Muslim community? Thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Middle East
Your link supports the fact that most Muslims, as supported by the Quran, are homophobic.

How many Muslim leaders/Imans/scholars can you find out of the 1.something billion Mulsims who accept homosexuality within the Muslim community? Thanks.
Imagine if all 1.something billion muslims accepted homosexuality, then you would argue for the opposite and make fun of them claiming they are all feminine homos.

Baldtastic

Ad Honorem
Aug 2009
Londinium
Imagine if all 1.something billion muslims accepted homosexuality, then you would argue for the opposite and make fun of them claiming they are all feminine homos.
I would make no such argument, your attempt to put words in my mouth has failed; they can't accept homosexuals without contradicting the Quran.

The argument I make, one supported by actions of Muslims (contemporary and historical) and their holy texts is that Muslim persecute homosexuals (and many, many others as well).

Jun 2019
Your Local Alley
The ottomans became less and less Islamic and more secular until they were abolished. Acceptance of homosexuality is a modern thing.

Jul 2016
USA
Their religion bans it but numerous ethnicities that are overly identifiable as Muslim have stromg customs of male male homosexuality, sometimes covert, sometimes blatant. For many, the cultural trend either pre-dated Islam, or in some cases was made worse by Islamic strictness in terms of access of males to women for premarital or casual sex.

Oct 2009
San Diego
The ottomans became less and less Islamic and more secular until they were abolished. Acceptance of homosexuality is a modern thing.
And an ancient Greek thing.
Native Americans were okay with it.
Pirates literally had Mateys
And British Boarding Schools were nearly as notorious as catholic rectories.

Status
Closed