Name of WWII-era song

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
I would tentatively suggest that it is background "feel good" music used in Die Deutsche Wochenschau newsreels. Not the sort of music used for military reports, more like reports from the homefront, but I cannot pin it down exactly, and it may not even be German as there was a similarity across all the combatants with this type of music.

Nov 2018
London
I would tentatively suggest that it is background "feel good" music used in Die Deutsche Wochenschau newsreels. Not the sort of music used for military reports, more like reports from the homefront, but I cannot pin it down exactly, and it may not even be German as there was a similarity across all the combatants with this type of music.
Thanks! You got me in the right direction as it does appear to be fitting music accompaniment to propaganda newsreels.

Do you have any pointers to some popular US propaganda newsreel/TV programs from the period?

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
I'm not really familiar with American newsreels from that time, or all of Sousa's marches, so it could be one of his, I'm just not sure.

Similar History Discussions