Naomi Wolf Book - Shocking Research Failure

Sindane

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Europe
The author seems to have based her whole book, concerning crime and punishment, on her misunderstanding of a legal term. That 'Death Recorded' meant the guilty had been sentenced to death and that the penalty had been carried out. It actually meant that the death sentence had been commuted .
While being interviewed live for BBC radio about the book, the BBC journalist corrects her mistake, after researching it for himself on the Old Bailey Online website

Ouch !

Recording of interview section here

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
The author seems to have based her whole book, concerning crime and punishment, on her misunderstanding of a legal term. That 'Death Recorded' meant the guilty had been sentenced to death and that the penalty had been carried out. It actually meant that the death sentence had been commuted .
While being interviewed live for BBC radio about the book, the BBC journalist corrects her mistake, after researching it for himself on the Old Bailey Online website

Ouch !

Recording of interview section here

One of those moments that make you want to sink through the floor; I thought she was very self-collected in her reaction.

Mar 2014
Beneath a cold sun, a grey sun, a Heretic sun...
While horribly embarrassing, I like this for 2 reasons. First, it's a perfect demonstration of peer review in action. And second, her response is perfect - this is something that needs investigating. This incident raises her higher in my estimation, not lower.

Similar History Discussions