Napoleon's Corronation Music

Nov 2006
Now, I know this isn't a shop, but you guys are really some of the onyl people who might be able to help me. I am searching for a CD of the music from Emperor Napoleon I's Corronation, and I'm having no luck. They have it advertised on Amazon.com, but it's rarely avaliable, and even when it is, it cost $100 or more. Does anyone here know where I could find or how I could obtain a CD for a reasonable price? It would be most appreciated if you could offer any help, as I am a die-hard Napoleonic student, and this would be a great addition to my collection of things Napoleonic.

Belisarius

Forum Staff
Jun 2006
U.K.
You could try Disques SERP in Paris, France [as opposed to Texas]. They have a huge collection of music from the French Empire period on CD. I don't know if they have their own web site, as I visited them in person a long time ago to buy some records [yes that long ago!]. They still exist, however as I've Googled them to find lots of entries.

Comet

Forum Staff
Aug 2006
IA
Now, I know this isn't a shop, but you guys are really some of the onyl people who might be able to help me. I am searching for a CD of the music from Emperor Napoleon I's Corronation, and I'm having no luck. They have it advertised on Amazon.com, but it's rarely avaliable, and even when it is, it cost $100 or more. Does anyone here know where I could find or how I could obtain a CD for a reasonable price? It would be most appreciated if you could offer any help, as I am a die-hard Napoleonic student, and this would be a great addition to my collection of things Napoleonic.
I used to work at Barnes and NOble...give me the weekend and I'll see if we have it in our data base. If we do, I will let you know how you can get it. Although, you should definitely check out what Belisarius has provided you as well.