Need help dating and translating (hopefully) a script please! Paleo-Hebrew maybe?

Jan 2015
England
Is there any context for this find? Which country and time period does it originate from? It does look like it could be pre-exilic Hebrew from my rudimentary knowledge, but some context would really help.

May 2018
Atlanta
Is there any context for this find? Which country and time period does it originate from? It does look like it could be pre-exilic Hebrew from my rudimentary knowledge, but some context would really help.
Saudi-Jordan border don't know the period that's why I asked if someone could date it to some degree. I greatly appreciate the input by the way.

Asherman

Forum Staff
May 2013
Albuquerque, NM
The Menorah certainly suggests a Jewish orgin, but the writing looks more Greek than Hebrew. Pi and Rho stand out immediately. We do have members who should be able to read original Greek from classical antiquity. Greek language and culture remained dominant in the Mediterranean basin for a very long time, and was the Lingua Franca of the Day, so finding a Jewish inscription writing in Greek seems reasonable. If authentic and not a fake, we would expect the souce to be along the eastern shores of the Mediterranean, and would date probably between 500 BCE and the Current Era. What is the metal? It looks like a thin sheep of copper or tin. The form looks like it may have been an amulet. We need a translation, and the provenance for the artifact.