Need help with Ancient calendars and dates (Egyptian and Akkadian)

Sep 2019
West Coast USA
I'm working on a story that takes place in multiple eras of Earth's history, and one thing I'd really lie to do is to introduce each chapter using that date and calendar style that would be used at the time. Thing is, I'm not a historian, and the resources I've found online have been confusing and often contradictory. So I'm hoping someone out there might help point me in the right direction.

At the moment, I've got two dates I'm looking at. The first would be September 18th, 2573 BC in Egypt. I know that's the 16th year of Khufu's reign, and I thought "Thout" for the month and "Day of the Moon" for the day had a great feel to them. My question here is, how would I write that out? 16th year of Khufu's reign, Thout, Day of the Moon? Or am I way off base here?

The second, I'm using the story of Sargon's birth...being placed in a basket and sent downstream ala Moses...only no one seems to know when he was born. I'm ok with fudging it, you work with what you have, and it's a work of fiction, anyway. :) Assuming Sargon was 25 when he took the throne (just guessing here), that places his birth during the 1st year of the reign of Lugal-zage-si (2359 BC). One listing of Akkadian months I found had Tamhīrum for December, though I have no idea about the days. I'd like to write the day out in the same format as the Egyptian example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm likely to have other questions in the future. Thank you in advance. :)

dreamregent

Ad Honorem
Feb 2013
Coastal Florida
This video is short but provides a practical example from the temple at Kom Ombo which puts the details together from the article cited by Chlodio: