New lurker

Jun 2019
Jacksonville
I doubt I'll be posting much. I have a very broad interest in history and want to find more casual research material. I've been looking around and there seems to be mountains of it here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
I doubt I'll be posting much. I have a very broad interest in history and want to find more casual research material. I've been looking around and there seems to be mountains of it here.

Even though you have a broad interest in history, what would you say are your primary historical interests?

Jun 2019
Jacksonville
Even though you have a broad interest in history, what would you say are your primary historical interests?
It really ranges all over,both topographically and through time periods. I recently have been re-interested in early Arctic exploration. And I'm getting increasingly curious about the formation and practices of the Turkish Janissaries. So really all over.

Reactions: Swamp Booger
Jun 2019
Jacksonville
I'm also endlessly fascinated by nomadic people and displaced people's. Particularly as it applies to the development of language.

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
I'm also endlessly fascinated by nomadic people and displaced people's. Particularly as it applies to the development of language.

The Mongol Empire should be of interest then. Considering they were the ultimate nomadic people who carved out the largest contiguous empire in history.

Reactions: QuTee
Jun 2019
Jacksonville
The Mongol Empire should be of interest then. Considering they were the ultimate nomadic people who carved out the largest contiguous empire in history.
Appreciate the suggestion,I've only really glanced at them before,but keep getting interesting tidbits that are drawing me to give them proper attention.

Reactions: Swamp Booger