Nicolae Ceausescu or Josip Tito : Who was the better leader?

Who was the better leader?

• Nicolae Ceaucescu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josip Tito

Votes: 28 100.0%

• Total voters

johnincornwall

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Cornwall
Well, in fact I tend to think that Ceuașescu sincerely believed that he is the exponent of the people and that what he does, he does for the people.
I'm sure he did in his own head. And his son raping early-teen gymnasts is presumably all part of this process? Let alone his crimes against architecture!

Reactions: macon

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
I'm sure he did in his own head. And his son raping early-teen gymnasts is presumably all part of this process? Let alone his crimes against architecture!
Re: his son raping early-teen gymnasts, that was a lie. There was the rumor that Nicu raped Nadia Comăneci - Wikipedia, and that when she was no more an "early-teen", but finally the truth that she was more after him than he was after her was established. Re: Ceaușescu's crimes against architecture, he was a revolutionary who wanted to replace the old and decayed with the new, like so many others.

Last edited:

At Each Kilometer

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Bulgaria
I suppose you are talking about Comaneci.

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
I suppose you are talking about Comaneci.

Meantimes I edited my post. There was indeed the rumor that Nicu Ceaușescu (Nicolae Ceaușescu's younger son) raped Nadia Comăneci, but it was proven to be a lie, Nadia herself denying such a thing. In fact she was more after him than he was after her. BTW, everything told about about Nicu Ceaușescu in that "obituary" about his supposed crimes was proven to be a lie. Far from me to have nostalgia for Ceaușescu's regime (I grew-up under it), but the truth is the truth and has to be acknowledged.

Last edited:
Sep 2019
Slovenia
Ceausescu and his wife had to be not just stupid but also highly egocentric, not just because of their cults of personality as dictators of Romania but also Elena Ceausescu was pretending to be a great scientists taking credits and honors for scientific works she had never done.

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
Ceausescu and his wife had to be not just stupid but also highly egocentric, not just because of their cults of personality as dictators of Romania but also Elena Ceausescu was pretending to be a great scientists taking credits and honors for scientific works she had never done.
AnonymousProfesor, king Carol II of Romania used to say that his ass is not so big for how many want to kiss it, with Nicolae and Elena Ceaușescu was the same. We don't know how much she really contributed to the works attributed to her, but we know that the number of those willing to kiss her ass both inside and outside Romania was really large, and she didn't want to disappoint them.

Reactions: Tulun and macon

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
Well they also did not want to disappoint their egocentrism and took care that anyone criticital of their cult was punished.
Re: Ceaușescu family egocentrism, they weren't worse than the average human being from this point of view. Re: punishing, as I told you above, I grew-up under Ceaușescu's regime and it certainly wasn't a regime of terror. If you were critical to the regime in private (family/friends circle) there was no problem, if you were making noise in public, depending on various factors, first they were trying to offer you advantages, if you were refusing those advantages then you were degraded/demoted, and if you continued, you were searched for various problems with the law (and sent on trial accordingly) or of psychological nature, please keep mind than even during those times there was a law which had to be respected, a law which didn't incriminate "being critical to Ceaușescu's cult", and Ceaușescu was neither prosecutor, neither judge, nor psychiatrist to diagnose mental illness.

Last edited: