Nicolae Ceausescu or Josip Tito : Who was the better leader?

Who was the better leader?

• Nicolae Ceaucescu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josip Tito

Votes: 28 100.0%

• Total voters
Sep 2019
Slovenia
Sorry living it or not nobody with a sane mind and without being higly egocentrical in my opinion can not punish people for things like trying to organize independent union of workers with punishement like prison and torture by political police as it was common in Romania. Etc. If there were laws which were against basic freedoms these laws were totalitarian laws put in place by dictator to support his regime and also personal cult.

Reactions: macon

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
The big problem re: Ceaușescu is that his nationalistic aspects (despite him dying singing The Internationale) are overemphasized and his revolutionary aspects are overlooked, if the revolutionary Ceaușescu would be better known he would be much more appreciated by certain circles than he is nowadays.

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
Sorry living it or not nobody with a sane mind and without being higly egocentrical in my opinion can not punish people for things like trying to organize independent union of workers with punishement like prison and torture by political police as it was common in Romania. Etc. If there were laws which were against basic freedoms these laws were totalitarian laws put in place by dictator to support his regime and also personal cult.
Please don't confuse a communist regime in general with Ceaușescu's regime in particular (Ceaușescu's communist regime was far from being one of the worst re: "prison and torture"), and Ceaușescu didn't go so far to decide himself the law, excepting issuing decrees when he wanted.

Last edited:

johnincornwall

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Cornwall
Please don't confuse a communist regime in general with Ceaușescu's regime in particular (Ceaușescu's communist regime was far from being one of the worst re: "prison and torture"), and Ceaușescu didn't go so far to decide himself the law, excepting issuing decrees when he wanted.
You seem to have a very rosy view of one of the worst dictators - you are either very young or used to work for him!!

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia, EU
From our Yugoslavian point of view it looked very bad. You were really poor, with not adequate food and electricity while your leadership looked as a bunch of retards.

I was in Yugoslavian army in southern Serbia when hell broke loose in Temisvar. We were watching your flags with holes in them and listened to reports about Securitate massacres and army joining rebels. Such regime ends are historically only in totally wasted states.

At Each Kilometer

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Bulgaria
You seem to have a very rosy view of one of the worst dictators - you are either very young or used to work for him!!
He shared with us an opinion on the matter, based on his first hand experience / he literally knows what was the life of an ordinary person under Ceausescu / I can relate to that I lived under another similar regime. An opinion combined most probably with annoyance towards foreigners who read an article or two about the ruler in question and think they are expert on the subject enough to lecture him.

johnincornwall

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Cornwall
He shared with us an opinion on the matter, based on his first hand experience / he literally knows what was the life of an ordinary person under Ceausescu / I can relate to that I lived under another similar regime. An opinion combined most probably with annoyance towards foreigners who read an article or two about the ruler in question and think they are expert on the subject enough to lecture him.
Yes I'm sure information flowed as freely in both your countries. I'm not lecturing him, I'm saying he is naive. And I remember the news. If the news is lying so be it.

Jul 2014
On the shores of the Pontus Euxin
Don't think we can talk about morals regarding dictators, nevertheless Josip Broz Tito > Nicolae Ceaușescu.

From my point of view you can't compare the two, Tito was a WW2 veteran he was a though breed independent from the soviets despite 22 assasination attempts.

Nicolae Ceaușescu was a poor child of a troubled family of 10 kids, ran away at 11 to Bucharest were he become a shoemakers apprentice. The shoemaker initiated him to communism.
He spent WW2 in prisons across Romania, away from the war and he became the ruler of Romania trough a lucky turn of events.

Ceaușescu is one of history's mistakes and he would have been long forgotten if it wasn't the pharaonic buildings he left behind and his violent death.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G975F folosind Tapatalk

Reactions: macon

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
And you seem to don't know about what you are talking. Besides, I understand by "one of the worst dictators" one who establishes a regime of terror, while Ceaușescu didn't establish such a kind of regime and had no need to establish such a kind of regime, not least for the simple fact that there was no serious opposition to his rule inside or outside the party and he didn't feel seriously threatened by anyone in the country.

Last edited: