No moves made about George Washington?

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
We come here to speculate and shoot the bull. Many things in history can't be proven and if we could only talk about those things that can be proven we'd have little to talk about.
I am not here primarily to speculate and shoot, but I do acknowledge my request for speculation.

On one hand, and perhaps superficially, one would think Washington's bio would be a logical subject for Hollywood. After all, most countries do not have a Founding Father, so tangible, so close. He's not the sons of Noah. On the other hand, it is my speculation that this avenue has not been traveled because his status is too iconic.

Reactionaries take offense at this and complain about "PC", as though being politically correct is a bad thing.
In some countries they take offense. In other countries, they go straight to the firing squad, do not pass probable cause, do not collect a fair trial.

I, for one, never complain about political correctness. Because if I am "complaining," it can't be correct. lol

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
We know if the British had won no Founder would have been benefiting financially as their lives would have been over.

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
Maybe not all. There was always the Benedict Arnold Witness Protection Program.
Now there was one who was motivated by something other than the cause. Seriously, as commander in chief, Washington could have likely convinced to Continental Congress to sue for peace at any time, especially during the dark moments of the war - and there were many. Or he could have coordinated with the British to throw a key battle, and thus the war. Additionally, he could have negotiated something similar to Arnold, to benefit himself.

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
Now there was one who was motivated by something other than the cause. Seriously, as commander in chief, Washington could have likely convinced to Continental Congress to sue for peace at any time, especially during the dark moments of the war - and there were many. Or he could have coordinated with the British to throw a key battle, and thus the war. Additionally, he could have negotiated something similar to Arnold, to benefit himself.
There is man who thinks outside the box. Though I don't suspect any Colonials of throwing battles or needlessly sacrificing his own men (until the US Civil War - but that is another thread for another time).

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
Though I don't suspect any Colonials of throwing battles or needlessly sacrificing his own men (until the US Civil War - but that is another thread for another time).
Not unless one was motivated for fame and fortune, like Arnold. Of course history is full of leaders and armies changing sides.

Similar History Discussions