No objective moral truth without a Supreme Being?

Nov 2014
ph
There is no objective moral truth, without a Supreme Being to set down those objective moral truths in the first place? Like you can say that genocide is wrong, but that is just your feelings, which you convince yourself is the objective truth, but then if you are perfectly honestly, they are just subjective feelings?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
There is no objective moral truth, without a Supreme Being to set down those objective moral truths in the first place? Like you can say that genocide is wrong, but that is just your feelings, which you convince yourself is the objective truth, but then if you are perfectly honestly, they are just subjective feelings?
Can you elaborate if this is your personal opinion, and justify it, or you just read this in some place?

Nov 2014
ph
When did athiests start arguing anyway that there is an objective moral truth without a Supreme Being, since this is a reverse of what they said historically?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Which does not answer the original question?
ren0312, I find odd that you begin a series of threads, and that is positive in principle, but I never see you commit your personal view/knowledge on the theme. For instance just minutes ago you begin this one:

Religious fanatics are rational? (and forgive me to direct you to another thread, but was just to give the example). One a similar line.

I actually don’t understood if you are launching the theme because you want to learn about it or because you have a point to make.