No partition of India

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Not sure what you are trying to say. Muslims in Indian Kashmir definitely want to join Pakistan. Other Indian Muslims decided to stay for various tactical reasons. Most would have went to Pakistan if the process was easy.

Critical evaluation of the Aryan invasion history has long been done. What is going on now is the non-critical evaluation by Hindu nationalists with the agenda of whitewashing Hinduism. Manusmrithi, the sacred laws of Hinduism, has long defined what is a Sudra. I come from a place in India, never conquered by Muslims, and Hinduism was practiced to the fullest for more than a thousand years, where castes were meant to be as defined in Manusmrithi. There were no beggar Brahmins. They were next to the Gods, king makers and the law makers. In vast majority Hindu areas of India, Hinduism was greatly disrupted by Muslim conquerors, and it lost its power over society. As a result, people lost the memory of experience of a real Hindu society.

I found the BBC article funny. The author claims that even Rig Veda was modified by the British. It seems there is no limit to the whitewashing of Hinduism going on.
You have a smart habit of dragging Aryan invasion theory in every unrelated discussion discussion. Beside, Evangelists had a great patronage of Aryan invasion theory, even a Brahmin priest murdering St Thomas the Apostle was a cooked up story to malign Brahmins and Hindus. First step for evangelism is to make South Indians hate their own religion. Manismiriti is not the major Hindu text, its a post Mauryan era text and not at all related to early phase of Hinduism.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
You have a smart habit of dragging Aryan invasion theory in every unrelated discussion discussion. Beside, Evangelists had a great patronage of Aryan invasion theory, even a Brahmin priest murdering St Thomas the Apostle was a cooked up story to malign Brahmins and Hindus. First step for evangelism is to make South Indians hate their own religion. Manismiriti is not the major Hindu text, its a post Mauryan era text and not at all related to early phase of Hinduism.
Sounds like one of those typical 'run around' Hindu nationalistic views one gets (that I have already mentioned) when Hinduism and Hindu history are critically examined.

Apr 2019
India
Sounds like one of those typical 'run around' Hindu nationalistic views one gets (that I have already mentioned) when Hinduism and Hindu history are critically examined.
I guess it's time for you to upgarde your knowledge about 'Aryans' after 'critical' examination.
Also please refrain from throwing the tags like 'Hindu nationalistic' etc because you can't avoid this discussion by belittling other side.
We don't have tradition of writing 'history' so it's easy for agenda driven people to give new twist and turns to scarcely available records.
But here we always preferred oral transmission of information so all of traditional families tend to preserve their family history orally. I can trace back my family tree atleast upto 1100 years and also know about all of places my ancestors used to live. So even 2500 years earlier than the origin of word 'Hindu nationalistic' we knew that Aryans came from NW India after disappearance of river Saraswati and expansion of Aryan kingdom in Gangetic plane.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
I guess it's time for you to upgarde your knowledge about 'Aryans' after 'critical' examination.
Also please refrain from throwing the tags like 'Hindu nationalistic' etc because you can't avoid this discussion by belittling other side.
We don't have tradition of writing 'history' so it's easy for agenda driven people to give new twist and turns to scarcely available records.
But here we always preferred oral transmission of information so all of traditional families tend to preserve their family history orally. I can trace back my family tree atleast upto 1100 years and also know about all of places my ancestors used to live. So even 2500 years earlier than the origin of word 'Hindu nationalistic' we knew that Aryans came from NW India after disappearance of river Saraswati and expansion of Aryan kingdom in Gangetic plane.
It is true that Indians never really wrote their history. That doesn't mean that scholars, if properly trained, can't extrapolate some history out of all other existing contemporary Indian texts with rational analysis and logic. I only trust western scholars in this process, since they discovered the history of India and most of the world, and thereby could always cross check for comparative accuracy. Since they established the discipline of history and historical research, they have the reputation of impartiality. I never ever trust Indian ones, unless they are trained in western scholarship, because Indians are highly prone to whitewashing their own heritage. Just as Indians have an international reputation of being a corrupt people, they are corrupt in this field too. I grew up in India, you know.

Historians have long acknowledged the origin of most of Brahmins across India to the present region of Haryana, the land of Saraswati river. This land of Kurushetra was the holy land of the Aryans and of Vedic Hinduism. It came to be known as the hallowed 'Brahmarsidesa', the land of the Brahmanic sages, who wrote the Hindu Smrithi literature, including Manusmrithi. So I am not surprised if Brahmins claim their ancient ancestry to this region through oral tradition.

In regards to the oral history of other castes regarding their origins, it is highly questionable. They are generally manufactured to make fake claims to some past upper caste status. I don't blame them for doing this, living in a caste ridden society, but it is inaccurate, and history doesn't support such claims.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Yes, you mean to say the history written by colonial era British missionaries about Aryan and Dravidian races is most secular and authetic history of India.

Reactions: Futurist