Northernmost Native-American Agricultural People?

Aug 2018
Southern Indiana
Weren't turkeys only in Mesoamerica?
I'm fairly certain woodland tribes kept turkeys at times, not on a large scale or in an organized manner, but I do recall them being mentioned as being in villages. This makes sense to me, where I live in Indiana, turkeys are common and when a hen has a large brood, it wouldn't be hard to catch a few when they were small and raise them.
I wonder if south-eastern tribes kept Carolina parakeets the same way larger parrots were kept in Mesoamerica.

Sep 2012
Tarkington, Texas
I read that Turkeys were imported to Spain from Mesoamerica and from there spread to Western Europe. From there they were sent to the English and French colonies on the Eastern Seaboard.

Pruitt

Aug 2018
Southern Indiana
I was curious about how far north you can grow corn. Ontario grows corn, so presumably tribes in that region could also and probably had some agriculture. Corn requires a 120 frost free days to produce.

Aug 2016
US&A
I was curious about how far north you can grow corn. Ontario grows corn, so presumably tribes in that region could also and probably had some agriculture. Corn requires a 120 frost free days to produce.
I don't know about older varieties of corn, but modern varieties of sweet corn can be harvested in 60-90 days.

Of course, the Indians didn't have modern varieties. So it's hard to tell how far north they could grow corn.