Notable women in history

CelticBard

Historum Emeritas
Aug 2006
Roving
She was great at being duped into believing the Russian people on the fringes of society were happy.

CelticBard

Historum Emeritas
Aug 2006
Roving
Yea the Russians caught the brunt of that siphilitic epidemic after the discovery of America and the getting down with the native women. Siphilis over time and generations turns into hemophelia, coincidently it also causes people to go crazy.

Aug 2006
WA
Has no one heard of Hypatia of Alexandria? A very remarkable lady of the 5th century, scholar and teacher at the Academy.
Also, I find Boudicca interesting.

Aug 2006
Seattle, Washington, USA
Blood of Odiin:

Queen Emma of Normandy was certainly, uh, *iinteresting*. And, partly because she was female, she isn't as well-known as she probably should be. There's an interesting book out, called *Queen Emma and the Vikings*, which is a very easy read and also quite informativive. Its author is one Harriet O'BRien. You might want to get a copy out of your local library or buy it somewhere.
Anne G

Aug 2006
Salinas, CA
Illg said:
Blood of Odiin:

Queen Emma of Normandy was certainly, uh, *iinteresting*. And, partly because she was female, she isn't as well-known as she probably should be. There's an interesting book out, called *Queen Emma and the Vikings*, which is a very easy read and also quite informativive. Its author is one Harriet O'BRien. You might want to get a copy out of your local library or buy it somewhere.
Anne G
If I hadn't read that book, I wouldn't know a thing about her. I'm glad someone else has read it!

Aug 2006
Seattle, Washington, USA
Blood of Odin:

I'd heard of her, but I didn't know a thing about her, either, until I read the book. I think there has been a novel or two written about her, but I can't remember the names of the authors. She sounds so intteresting, I would like to make her part of one of my Great Medieval Science Fiction Masterpieces.
Anne G

Oct 2006
NC, USA
I studied Lady Godiva for part of my senior project in high school. She wasn't naked. But I did find out through my geneologist father that she's in the family. Although I've never really taken geneology 100% since you can never be 100% sure back then.

Boudicca's a personal hero of mine. She was one heck of a woman.

Nick

Historum Emeritas
Jul 2006
UK
Good Queen Bess, of course.
Thanks to her we defeated the strongest superpower (Spain) and commenced our own emergence as a great nation