Nothing, AZ

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
I was doing a jigsaw puzzle of Arizona and came across the town of Nothing. I looked it up and it has population of 0. Apparently, someone put a gas station and convenience store there on the highway and called it Nothing because there was nothing there in the middle of the desert. The gas station closed in 2005.

Last edited:
Reactions: Futurist

Chlodio

Forum Staff
Aug 2016
Dispargum
That's a common joke in the west where there are wide open spaces and little else. Check out the end of the movie "Castaway." If you go north from the Texas panhandle there's a whole lot of nothin' all the way to Canada.

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
That's a common joke in the west where there are wide open spaces and little else. Check out the end of the movie "Castaway." If you go north from the Texas panhandle there's a whole lot of nothin' all the way to Canada.
To the Canadian border? There might not be much until the roads end in Canada.

Lord Fairfax

Ad Honorem
Jan 2015
Changing trains at Terrapin Station...
To the Canadian border? There might not be much until the roads end in Canada.
Not quite nothing...
If you go north from the Texas Panhandle on highway 83 through North Platte NE and Bismarck ND, youll pass lots of farms and small rural towns all the way into Canada, and if you go northwest from there on the Yellowhead & Alaska highways you can drive all the way up to the Arctic Circle, somewhere north of Whitehorse.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Not quite nothing...
If you go north from the Texas Panhandle on highway 83 through North Platte NE and Bismarck ND, youll pass lots of farms and small rural towns all the way into Canada, and if you go northwest from there on the Yellowhead & Alaska highways you can drive all the way up to the Arctic Circle, somewhere north of Whitehorse.
This is why we call all those farm-intensive states to the Canadian border “flyover country”. As a former resident of Edmonton, Alberta - nice town, actually - I’m very familiar with the concept of “empty”. I can’t think of a single Canadian big city that is further north than Edmonton.