Nubian Gold: Ancient Masterpiece Jewelry

Nov 2016
Wakanda
"The fabled land of Nubia, whose very name means 'gold,' was famous in ancient times for its supplies of precious metal, exotic material, and intricate craftsmanship.

Many of the adornments made in Nubia are masterpieces of the jeweler's art-marvels of design and construction rivaling, and often surpassing, adornments made in Egypt and the rest of the ancient Mediterranean world."

I'm sick right now so I'm not able to post more images. This Egyptologists has been actually teaching free online courses about Nubian Art & Architecture. Lots to be learned...

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Cool! That looks good. They had gold Khnemu diadems and armlets and other stuff too. in the 18th and 19th centuries the tops of their pyramids were knocked off to look for more gold.

Nov 2016
Wakanda
Cool! That looks good. They had gold Khnemu diadems and armlets and other stuff too. in the 18th and 19th centuries the tops of their pyramids were knocked off to look for more gold.
:zany::zany:Sounds fab! This is all so new to me! I hope I can find some more pretty pictures :lol:

"Khnemu diadems" ok, Google time :D

Similar History Discussions