Opinions on a World Goverments and Unions

Opinion's on World Goverments and Unions

• All bad. Non-interventionism and Isolation is the best.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Sovereign but Mulitnational Corporations should be left alone for its free trade.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Sovereign. Trade should be less overseas but we have the right to intervene militarily.

• We need a way to get along through peace and helping each other.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A world goverment is good. This is no longer the dark ages.

• Total voters

Mrbsct

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
USA
What are your opinions on a World government system like the UN or goverment Unions, Trade Unions, and Military alliances like NATO and EU?

PM96

Ad Honorem
Feb 2012
California
The UN's purpose is to prevent wars. How well did that work out? Not much.

Tuthmosis III

Ad Honorem
Oct 2011
the middle ground
Is the UN a world government system?

What is the future of collective security arrangements such as those the OP lists?

Gudenrath

Ad Honorem
May 2012
Denmark
The UN's purpose is to prevent wars. How well did that work out? Not much.
That's not its only purpose. Anyway you don't know how history would have panned out without the UN, perhaps there would have been more wars, longer wars, more brutal wars?

Aug 2013
Ireland
The UN is easily defined as an organisation with the sole mandate of preventing wars, but it is so much more than that. Its subsidiary orgs like the WHO, UNICEF and the WFP do a large amount of work in their respective fields, which wouldn't be possible without the authority and support of the parent organisation. I certainly believe that because of those things, as well as its role as a diplomatic channel, the UN is a good thing.

Jun 2013
Canada
Churchill and Bernard Shaw, Hatfields and McCoys, War of the Roses, ad infinitum -- like our close relatives the chimps, humans are congenitally bellicose. We fight and kill each other for all kinds of reasons. As individuals, and as groups. It's in our genes. There never has been and never will be a world government. We'll go extinct first.

Tuthmosis III

Ad Honorem
Oct 2011
the middle ground
Churchill and Bernard Shaw, Hatfields and McCoys, War of the Roses, ad infinitum -- like our close relatives the chimps, humans are congenitally bellicose. We fight and kill each other for all kinds of reasons. As individuals, and as groups. It's in our genes. There never has been and never will be a world government. We'll go extinct first.
I'm inclined to agree, but our inability to arrive at a just and effective 'federation' and the potential faults of a federal system are two different considerations.

Jun 2013
Siberia, deep in taiga
At the risk of sounding rude and arrogant (from liberal point of view which implies that every person is responsible for his own opinions and actions, etc) I have to give opinion of people from my country on organisations like NATO, UN and EU. They are quite criminal according to opinion of people from my country.

1. NATO is doing far too much and ruled by a certain country which needs only to make a call to send young men from any country involved in this orgabisation to kill and maim people from another country.

2. UN is twenty percent funded by US and veto system is outdated and doesn't work since interventions of past decades were not sunctioned by UN. Gentlemen, why did we forget Westfallen peace of 1648???

3. EU consists of NATO members. Euro as monetary unit is an enemy of US but...countries dominating EU (Germany) are completely loyal to NATO policy and they have to comply with the will of somebody telling them what to do.

I remember there was a lot of hype some fifteen years ago about notion "20th century was a century of world wars, so let's make 21st century a century of peace!" Where's your promised peace, gentlemen?

Aug 2013
Ireland
Did I miss the World War in the 21st century? I mean, I know its only 13 years old, but its got a lot of catching up to do if it wants to be put in the same pedestal as the 20th.