Opposition: Herodotus' Histories and Black Egyptians Theory

Aug 2018
Anatolia
Regarding from my narrow perspective of linguistics and religious knowledge, to my humble opinion Egyptians were Semitic people, I always thought they were the ancestors of today's Jews and Muslims. This was my immediate conclusion having no knowledge over Egyptians before and it was cemented with the famous DNA research made on mummies last year, proving Egyptians to have today's Anatolian and European genes.
Recently, I came across people claiming their being black and to my surprise such a huge community was backing this claim.
The following were what made me conclude their being early Semitic people:
-Their alphabet was a proto version of today's Semitic scripts: Arabic and Hebrew. They even wrote in a motion of from right to left just like Arabic and Hebrew.
-Their language had common words with Semitic languages (names of the deities and daily vocabulary).
-Everyone likes to address to the narrations of the Quran and Tanakh having relations with Egyptian mythology; apart from that I came across some more interesting relations. Reading the Histories of Herodotus, Book II, I was truly surprised to see the direct link between the rituals. According to the book:
* Egyptians did practice some of the most commonly known acts like circumcision and immersion (the pre-ritual self washing). Immersion is partial cleaning of washing the hands, feet and head.
* They considered pigs to be unclean and had anyone touched a pig, had to immerse himself.
* Young people had to give way and bow down to older people. This custom is still alive among Muslims and Jews.
* They used to wash and bury their deads, it's still in practice.
* Having sex would cause you to fully immerse yourself before you could enter any temple and practice any ritual. You had to take bath, this time not partial but full cleaning required. Identical with Islamic rules and would be enjoyed to know the Judaism aspect.
Did Black African societies inherit the scripts, vocabulary or rituals of the ancient Egyptians like Semitics did? Do people believe blacks' cultural heritage was handed over to other people somehow? Afterall culture isn't some material, when made contact with other people it spreads like a disease rather than disappearing. Are there such strong relations between Africans and Egyptians like Semitics have?
Any help and attention is appreciated on my behalf.

Sep 2012
Tarkington, Texas
Linguistics can get you in trouble. There are a number of populations around the world that speak a language that is not connected to their ancestry. Look at all the Black people in the US that speak English instead of say, Swahili.

Pruitt

Nov 2018
Kentucky
Regarding from my narrow perspective of linguistics and religious knowledge, to my humble opinion Egyptians were Semitic people,
Is that more of a personal wish..or based on anything tangible. Dr. Theophile Obenga (a UNESCO hero and still a professor) thinks that your notion is more so ideological.

The ancient "Egyptians" did not speak a Semitic language. The Semitic languages came out of the Egyptian language much later than the latter's creation. The ancient Egyptians languages were related to other African languages such as Niger-Congo, Nilo Saharan, Chadic and Cushitic (not Berber). It is also very important to keep in mind that the so called Afro-Asiatic languages have never been reconstructed, which means as Theophile states it's nothing but a Western ideological theory.

Here excerpt from Language Classification: History and Method (2008) by Campbell and Poser:

Even if we went by the theological notion of "Semitic", they were certainly were not Semitic. They were Hamitic, which is the supposed "black race" (though neighboring regions were also just black as the Hamitic highlighted regions)

I always thought they were the ancestors of today's Jews and Muslims.
Well that's incorrect...;)

This was my immediate conclusion having no knowledge over Egyptians before and it was cemented with the famous DNA research made on mummies last year, proving Egyptians to have today's Anatolian and European genes.
This is so amusing. The evidence ranging from archaeological, cultural, anthropological, and the bulk of genetic evidence indicates that these ancient Africans were in fact from interior Africa. A quick review of the bulk of evidence as demonstrated by SOY Keita at Cambridge University step by step (6 video segments).

You people ignored every genetic study that showed that they were African (including the Ramses III study in 2012 showing that he was E1b1a West, Central, Southern African or the study of the famous 12th dynasty nobility that of course found that they were African). None the less about three months ago the truth champion SOY Keita not only refuted those claims by that study, but also validated the STR analysis of DNAtribes and DNA Consultant proving the ancient Egyptians were of course most close related to south, central, and west Africans. The contextualization of the studies findings by SOY Keita is shown below.

Here it is being debated by Alt Right leader Jared Taylor prior to his knowledge of this new refutation of that deceitful study in August 2018 shown above. The political implications of this study were very much to deceive for a temporary feeling of "victory" for some, but the truth will always come to light.

The following were what made me conclude their being early Semitic people:
-Their alphabet was a proto version of today's Semitic scripts: Arabic and Hebrew. They even wrote in a motion of from right to left just like Arabic and Hebrew.
The oldest hieroglyphic Pharonic text came out of what was once separated as Nubia (the were one biological continuum as now admitted by mainstream Western scholars) in Qustul describing 12 prior pharaohs of Nubia (before Egypt)

-Everyone likes to address to the narrations of the Quran and Tanakh having relations with Egyptian mythology; apart from that I came across some more interesting relations. Reading the Histories of Herodotus, Book II, I was truly surprised to see the direct link between the rituals. According to the book:
You are aware that the Arab Muslims who invaded Egypt in the 7th century AD actually took the famous limestone casing off of the Great Pyramids to build their mosque! That is why I cannot take anyone seriously who tries to tie those Arabs in the land today with the ancient inhabitants of the land 1,000 years prior. That act alone goes to show that they not only do not descend from those ancient people, but also do not respect those ancient people who certainly not their ancestors. That is one of the most unknown desecration on Earth. The great pyramid with the original limestone casing was said to shine so bright...that it could be seen from Anatolia.

* Egyptians did practice some of the most commonly known acts like circumcision and immersion (the pre-ritual self washing). Immersion is partial cleaning of washing the hands, feet and head.
That is an African trait!

"Saharan and Sudanese rock art from this time resembles early Egyptian iconography. Strong connections between Nubian (Sudanese) and Egyptian material culture continue in later Neolithic Badarian culture of Upper Egypt. Similarities include black-topped wares, vessels with characteristic ripple-burnished surfaces, a special tulip-shaped vessel with incised and white-filled decoration, palettes, and harpoons...Other ancient Egyptian practices show strong similarities to modern African cultures including divine kingship, the use of headrests, body art, circumcision, and male coming-of-age rituals, all suggesting an African substratum or foundation for Egyptian civilization.."

Source: The Oxford encyclopedia of ancient Egypt, 2001. Volume 3. Oxford University Press. p.28
* They considered pigs to be unclean and had anyone touched a pig, had to immerse himself.
The Swine was not regularly consumed, but it was noted to have been consumed from time to time. Specifically by the Tamahu, who were Indo-Europeans who tried to trickle into the African civilization pig farmers, and were subsequently looked down upon for that practice. Then filth of the swine is known by the Pygmies people whom they saw as the TWA people, who they had tremendous admiration for. To this day the pygmies of inner Africa do not eat the pig, but would sell it to less enlightened groups for consumption.

* Young people had to give way and bow down to older people. This custom is still alive among Muslims and Jews.
* They used to wash and bury their deads, it's still in practice.
* Having sex would cause you to fully immerse yourself before you could enter any temple and practice any ritual. You had to take bath, this time not partial but full cleaning required. Identical with Islamic rules and would be enjoyed to know the Judaism aspect.
Just an FYI man, all Abraham religions come out of Kemet or ancient Egypt (as the Greeks renamed it).

Did Black African societies inherit the scripts, vocabulary or rituals of the ancient Egyptians like Semitics did? Do people believe blacks' cultural heritage was handed over to other people somehow?
Djed Pillar - back bone ceromony still practiced in West Africa

Rulers Depicted as Giants

Notice how both the Kemetic pharaoh and Dahomey king are depicted as giant rulers, and have one hand sticking out while being served by smaller humans. More proof of this diffusion of people and culture from the Hapi Valley into interior regions of Africa is shown in the appearance of the ancient Kemetic spiritual system being shown in these other African cultures. The Osirian crock and flail were sported by the kings of inner Africa. Notice that the Dahomey king holds the traditional Osirion Crock while the ancient Kemetic figure holds the Flail. It's also note worthy...that the color scheme of the Dahomey (Nigeria) are not depicting "black skinned" people despite us knowing that these people were/are still melaninated "black" Africans. It's also worth noting how these little Damomey citizens are shaped almost identically (even pointy noses) to how the ancient Mesopotamians depicted themselves.

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Kentucky
The Europeans tend to blame Arabs for the desecration of these African statues. They tried to tear off the wide nose and full lips to hide the obvious identity of the ancient World's rulers. The Europeans did not only in Kemet, but through the ancient Mediterranean civilization. You seen this with the Greek, Etruscan and Roman statues that are clearly African. You see this throughout southeast Asia where the Kushite Nagas ruled and left statuary everywhere, and you see this in the ancient Americas.

Europeans to this day...put alot of energy into maintaining the lie that the ancient Kemites were not African and specifically had nothing to do with the people whom they enslaved in the Americas.

Based on the actions that I have noted it is apparently extremely important to Europeans to keep this knowledge from the consciousness of Africans (even though Africans on the continent pay no mind to their lies, and carry on the traditions of the civilizations every day);

Nov 2018
Kentucky
As far as the thread's title implying Herodotus made statements regarding this issuel Eurocentrics will rarely to never acknowledge this well known truth, because many want to believe in a lie. The implications of this truth, will dismantle the silly lies that many Eurocentric folks hold near and dear.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
We've been thought this before back when Lord Harry and Ranefer were around.. I think they were a mix --some looked like black Africans, some did not.
Tiye:

Yuya and Thuya

Maiherpri may have been of Nubian origin, but at the end of the day he was an Egyptian: "Fan Bearer on the right side of the king" is no Nubian slave.

And he had a tomb...

Nov 2018
Kentucky
Did Black African societies inherit the scripts, vocabulary or rituals of the ancient Egyptians like Semitics did? Do people believe blacks' cultural heritage was handed over to other people somehow?
Also one of the most known African groups if the Dogon. These Africans who now live in Mali formed the priesthood of ancient Kemet. They follow the same spiritual belief surrounding the Orbit of the hidden dog star Sirius B. Directly are some of the Medu Neter symbols ("Egyptian" hieroglyphs) from ancient Kemet being used by the priest of the Dogon (in Kemet only the priestly class and nobility were taught this);

No non black African groups have anything remotely as similar to the ancient Nile Valley culture as inner African groups.

Last edited:
May 2018
On earth.
Oh my, this forum very quickly has descended into chaos.
I'll try to bring some semblance of logic to it.
There's no evidence of Ancient Egyptians speaking a Semitic language as far as I know, though they were Afro-Asiatic speakers who spoke egyptian. Furthermore, as has already been pointed out by Pruitt, the language one speaks is not always reflective on their genetic ancestry, but, that's besides the point. All evidence points towards Egypt being a mixed society, with people from various backgrounds inhabiting it, especially as time went on. What may have originally simply been Nile Valley peoples from Upper and Lower Egypt (About as far south as the Aswan up to the Nile Delta), expanded. By the third intermediate, western Libyans and Nubians had lived in Egypt (and, infact, were fighting for control of the country). Greco-Romans would also go on to live in Egypt, and, it's quite possible that semitic peoples did to (especially given their geographical proximity to Egypt.
Case closed.

Nov 2018
Kentucky
We've been thought this before back when Lord Harry and Ranefer were around.. I think they were a mix --some looked like black Africans, some did not. And he had a tomb...
"Mixed" with what? Don't do the vague "Eurasian Caucasoids" from God/Satan knows where be specific with real evidence (not wishful evidence). I think that the whole "they were mixed crowd" are the non African folk who used to obsess over the civilization's "greatness", and cannot come to grips with the fact that they don't have anything to do with this ancient African civilization.

"Populations and cultures now found south of the desert roamed far to the north. The culture of Upper Egypt, which became dynastic Egyptian civilization, could fairly be called a Sudanese transplant."(Egypt and Sub-Saharan Africa: Their Interaction. Encyclopedia of Precolonial Africa, by Joseph O. Vogel, AltaMira Press, Walnut Creek, California (1997), pp. 465-472 )

You have to know nothing about Kemet or you're simply ignoring the facts. Civilization on Earth (including Mesopotamia) spring out of this ancient Nile Valley culture that stretches back past the last ice age (Over 25,000 years according to the Emerald Tablets of Thoth).

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Kentucky
Oh my, this forum very quickly has descended into chaos.
I'll try to bring some semblance of logic to it. There's no evidence of Ancient Egyptians speaking a Semitic language as far as I know, though they were Afro-Asiatic speakers who spoke egyptian.
:lol: Eurocentrics like to propagate the overturning of their deceitful paradigm as craziness.

Anyway Afro-Asiatic is fake language family that has never been reconstructed by any linguist per Theophile Obenga, Campbell, Poser etc etc etc. It is a theory that mirror the old racist Hamitic-hypothesis (debunked of course), and Western academia is trying to parade it as truth today. The ancient Kemetic language was most closely related to other African languages such as Niger-Congo, Nilo Saharan, Cushitic, and Chadic. Below is a list from C.A Diop's research highlighting a list ( shortened it) of essential ancient Kemetic words in the everyday language of the now West African Wolof.

Linguistic Unity With Southern and Western Africa
In a detailed study of languages, Diop clearly demonstrates that Ancient Egyptian, modern Coptic of Egypt and Walaf of West Africa are related, with the latter two having their origin in the former.

"Pharaonic Egyptian - Wolof; (Wolof meaning)

Aku - Aku : foreigners (Creole descendants of European traders and African wives)

anu - K.enou : pillar

atef - ate : a crown of Osiris, judge of the soul (to judge)

ba - bei : the ram-god (goat)

ben ben - ben ben : overflow, flood

bon - bon : evil

bu - bu : place

bu bon - bu bon : evil place

bu nafret - bu rafet : good place

da - da : child

Djoob - Djob : a surname

fero - fari : king

itef - itef : father

kau - kaou : elevated, above (heaven)

kem -khem : black (burnt, burnt black)

kemat - kematef : end of a period, completion, limit

khekh - khekh : to fight, to wage war, war

kher - ker : country (house)

lebou - Lebou : those at the stream, Lebou/fishermen Senegal

maat - mat : justice

mer - maar : love (passionate love)

mun - won : buttocks

nag - nag : bull (cattle)

nak - nak : ox, bull (cow)

NDam - NDam : throne

neb - ndab : float

nen - nen : place where nothing is done (nothingness)

nit - nit : citizen

Ntr - Twr : protecting god, totem

nwt - nit : fire of heaven (evening light)

o.k. - wah keh : correct, right

onef - onef : he (past tense)

ones - ones : she (past tense)​

All evidence points towards Egypt being a mixed society, with people from various backgrounds inhabiting it, especially as time went on.
No that's not true, but it is what you want to be true. Below is peer reviewed evidence that has been validated time and time again in the last two decades. You will not find any mainstream scholars on Egyptology who attributes the origins of Dynastic Kemet outside of the African continent.

"There is no archaeological, linguistic, or historical data which indicate a European or Asiatic invasion of, or migration to, the Nile Valley during First Dynasty times. Previous concepts about the origin of the First Dynasty Egyptians as being somehow external to the Nile Valley or less native are not supported by archaeology... In summary, the Abydos First Dynasty royal tomb contents reveal a notable craniometric heterogeneity. Southerners predominate. (Kieta, S. (1992) Further Studies of Crania From Ancient Northern Africa: An Analysis of Crania From First Dynasty Egyptian Tombs, Using Multiple Discriminant Functions. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY 87:245-254)

What may have originally simply been Nile Valley peoples from Upper and Lower Egypt (About as far south as the Aswan up to the Nile Delta), expanded. By the third intermediate, western Libyans and Nubians had lived in Egypt (and, infact, were fighting for control of the country).
That is a fact! After the Hyksos's were expelled Kemet became imperialistic to keep the newly migrating Semitic and Indo-Europeans hoards from invading the civilizations as they did they the originally African founded Asiatic civilizations (Mesopotamia and Indus Valley).

Greco-Romans would also go on to live in Egypt, and, it's quite possible that semitic peoples did to (especially given their geographical proximity to Egypt.
Case closed

Oh wow case closed while you presented not an iota of evidence to back your claims. This is a prime example of Eurocentric arrogance. I have more than proven my case that was originally black. Nice try though..

Last edited: