Origin of The Montenegrins

Mar 2019
Sweden
thats not true. romanian received direct borrowings from albanian at a time when proto-romanian was near albanian.
the so-called thracian substrat words are actually from albanian .of course ,the romanian nationalists dont want to admit this and invent a common substrate language for albanian and romanian,that supposedly was thracian or dacian.
the explication is much simple.the first romanized people in the balkans were romanized albanians .and when the latin language spread to north of balkan these romanised albanians preserve some core words from the previous language.
in fact the influence of albanian in romanian goes much deeper than romanian nationalist admit .for example they try to explain the word creier(brain) as coming from the latin cerebelum,when is more simple to assume that it came from the albanian krye(head).
there are even expressions that dont make sense in romanian but make sense in albanian.for example "his face turn green(verde) whit fear" but we know that the face turn yellow ,not green.however in albanian the word verdhe mean yellow.
This is also true, as i described i am montenegrin of albanian descent which i didnt know for the half of my life, since then i speant many days searching for history, vllachs are always mentioned as a people living together with arvanites and that they are really close, i can also say that vllachs and albanians made 1 group ages before . There was also a rule on albanians and vllachs by serbs to asimilate them, and they made propaganda about vllahi and arbanasi as less worth and taking many human rights from them if they say openly who they are if they didnt became serbs

Mar 2019
Sweden
there could be only 3 hypothesis about montenegrins:
1. they were albanians that adopted slavic language
2.they were latin-speakers(vlachs) that adopted slavic language
3.they were slavs that exterminated the previous latin-vlach or albanian population.

we dont know if montenegro was romanized or not .the arguments in favor of romanization are
1 that romanian language had direct contact for a long time whit south-italian dialects,contact that could be made only in the montenegrin region ,if the jirecek line is right.these couldnt be possible in the croatian region,because there was latin-dalmatian,a latin language different from romanian.
2. the komani-kruje culture could be a latin culture,not an albanian culture.
of course there are counter-arguments to above:
1.jirecek line is wrong and the contact between romanian and south-italian was in southern albanian,along via egnatia,while montenegro keep its albanian language until the expansion of the slavic languages.
2.the latin element in the komani-kruje could be the product of some vlach refugees that didnt change the albanian linguistic domination in the region.
Indeed montenegrins tribes of mountains are all of albanian descent as the legend of tribes tell them, other montenegrins are mainly vlachs. I will not be weong if i say that montenegro is the only somehow original illyrian country because population is almost 50-50 vllachs and arbanasi. There are some slavic familys that came from serbia etc but less then 10 percent of population. Montenegro is special and has alot of hostory therefore others that are not montenegrin should not discuss that. Trust me most of original montenegrins know that they are either of vlah or arbanas origin which means albanian. Some younger people maybe dont know but elders sure do and lately everybody talks about this in Montenegro and we are talking about real hostory, only serbian nationalists dont want to accept that because it crushes their history. Most of heros serbians are proud of are actually from Montenegro thats y they dont want to accept it. Some of them are albanians other vlachs but mostly orthodox albanians tribe leaders.

May 2013
USA
Indeed montenegrins tribes of mountains are all of albanian descent as the legend of tribes tell them, other montenegrins are mainly vlachs. I will not be weong if i say that montenegro is the only somehow original illyrian country because population is almost 50-50 vllachs and arbanasi. There are some slavic familys that came from serbia etc but less then 10 percent of population. Montenegro is special and has alot of hostory therefore others that are not montenegrin should not discuss that. Trust me most of original montenegrins know that they are either of vlah or arbanas origin which means albanian. Some younger people maybe dont know but elders sure do and lately everybody talks about this in Montenegro and we are talking about real hostory, only serbian nationalists dont want to accept that because it crushes their history. Most of heros serbians are proud of are actually from Montenegro thats y they dont want to accept it. Some of them are albanians other vlachs but mostly orthodox albanians tribe leaders.

:lol::lol::lol:

Aug 2019
Albania
Ethnically they are Albanians as Albanians baselessly claim they are "Illyrians". Phenotypically-genetically they are the last truest Dinarids at their purest form, tall with Dinarid robustly pronounced banana-jawline with pronounced gonial angles and tall as trees. Albanians are mainly Alpine, Dinarid and Cromagnon, they have other phenotypes as well.

Jan 2015
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Phenotypically-genetically they are the last truest Dinarids at their purest form, tall with Dinarid robustly pronounced banana-jawline with pronounced gonial angles and tall as trees. Albanians are mainly Alpine, Dinarid and Cromagnon, they have other phenotypes as well.
One of the most prominent features of Dinarids (and Illyrians, based on how the Greeks and Romans described them) was the fact that they were exceptionally tall in stature. Meanwhile, Albanians are among the shortest nations in Europe. If you wanna look at "pure" Dinarids they reside in modern day region of Herzegovina, absorbed by the Slavs.

Jul 2017
Belgrade
I'm interested to know what there origins definitively are if there is a definite answer. I am saying also as an Albanian from Montenegro. Are they a subgroup of the Serbs? Are they their own people? What do you guys believe. Reply below.

-Thank you

-ErenTheAlbanian
They are both an independent ethnicity and a subgroup of the Serbian one. It depends on the viewpoint and personal preference.

As for ethnic origins, they are mixed just as in the case of any other people. Linguistically, they are South Slavs. While they speak a language that has several distinctions that can some (and by no means all) portions of MNE differentiate to a certain amount from the Serbian language, it s by and large not indistinct. The naming convention of the language Serbian or Montenegrin is primarily a political one, just as to an extent is the personal preference of Montenegrin residents of Eastern Orthodox Christian faith when it comes to their national identity. Some certain cultural elements that differentiate people of Montenegrin descent are undeniable.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
A fool can only laugh without substance, like you do. Your nervous laughter is a fool's laughter, a fool's desperate attempt to not expose himself as an intellectual midget throwing your worthless poppycock banter. It's fodder.

You know what's foolish? Breaking Historum rules when I'm around.

You are suspended for three days while we decide what to do with you.