Origins of Slavs: Archaeology, Linguistics, Anthropology, History

Status
Closed

Perix

Ad Honoris
Dec 2009
Romania
Yes I have read about it in many books as well.
I well believe you! Also I remember I never heard about sarmathian origins of the poles...anyway, you gave me many examples:)
I don't know to whom romanian i should guide you in order to get an answer satisfactory for yourself! As for mine answers, I'm sure you'll never be sattisfied! I guess you should read more about relationship between nationalism and megalomania, just a thought

Dec 2009
Poland
The fact that Early Medieval Rumani / Vlach people underwent considerable Slavicization is proven for example by fact that their war chiefs often had clearly Slavic names - for example in the 11th century: Slawota, Beriwoj, Nikolica, Budilo, etc.

There is no big surprise about this considering that they had a common state with Bulgars, who also quickly became Slavic-speaking people.

Last edited:

Perix

Ad Honoris
Dec 2009
Romania
to plow= a ara
to sow= a semana
wheat= grâu
barley= orz
onion= ceapă
rye= secară
apple= mar
pear= pară
apricot= piersică
plumes= prună
fork= furcă
hoe=sapă
bucket=găleată
goat= capră
cow=vacă
chicken=găină
goose=gâscă
corn=porumb
millet= mei
etc
is inside the answer

Last edited:

Perix

Ad Honoris
Dec 2009
Romania
The fact that Early Medieval Rumani / Vlach people underwent considerable Slavicization .....
true! we dissagree only in the degree of slavicisation: the reality is the degree was 7-8 times less than you think, hope and suggest
in fact, I'd call this slavicisation as a quasi-complete asimilation of the slavic leftovers by the vlachs

Dec 2009
Poland
According to this article:

TO?SAMO??

"Pod koniec XIX w. liczba rumuńskich słów pochodzenia słowiańskiego wynosiła 2350, gdy łacińskiego - tylko 1150."

"By the end of the 19th century number of Romanian words of Slavic origin was 2350, while of Latin origin - only 1150."

Sep 2013
Bucuresti
So even if this would be truth, but i don't think so. what means? That what? After your last 5 incorrect post it is hard to trust your sources.

Is hard to understand that words were assimilated in romanian language, transformed in a romance language. They don't sound slavic..also romanians assimilated slavic words but had their latin ones for the same slavic words in a big proportion. But slavic people were complety assimilated in vlach/rumani culture traditions and language. That words is just their heritage after they were assimilated.

Do you believe if romanain language in 19 th century would have taken 40% extra from slavic languages ..romanain language fonetic would have change? No it would have been a romance language anyway.

Last edited:

Perix

Ad Honoris
Dec 2009
Romania
polish fairytales are one thing, the truth another:
before standardisation, about 65% of words were latin, and around 25% were slavic
after standardisation: old romanian 30%, romance loans 44%(so latin 74%), while slavic maxim 15%(in reality currently used about 10% - 5% are archaisms, low used today)

Anyway, the whole vocabulary is one, the usual use another thing: all the studies of the 19 cnt contemporans works revealed that latin words(old romanian), were used in 85-90 % ratio, and only 4-5 % with slavic ones: so this is the "mighty" slavicisation - around 5%. I hope this mighty 5% will help you to understand our temperamental answers when you call our ancestors as slavs(is nothing to do with race, propaganda, or whatsever)

Last edited:
Sep 2013
Bucuresti
Very important that 25% slavic words transformed in 15% because of the added latin words not because they were remove.

Also Perix i have in my hand "Dacoromanii si vecinii"(daco-romanians and neighbors) by Florian Petrescu. In this book he makes a connection between the old romanian and the ancient old latin speakers. So today we have a substratum of the language that formed ..modern latin, greek..etc...from pelasgi. The dacian from Rome in senat used to speak a old latin "barbaric language" that only few old romans used to know.

He also makes a connection with rumâni from ancient pelasgi tribes abii,rumi,remi,rummy,aramei,arimi,arimani,remores...'arimic' tribes. Over 185 towns use today in România names with a connection from that tribes..Alba, Albac, Albesti...Remetea, Remetii, Râmetea, Râmna, Râmnic ..etc Some of this towns have a continuity over 3000 years old.

Last edited:

Perix

Ad Honoris
Dec 2009
Romania
Very important that 25% slavic words transformed in 15% because of the added latin words not because they were remove.

Also Perix i have in my hand "Dacoromanii si vecinii"(daco-romanians and neighbors) by Florian Petrescu. In this book he makes a connection between the old romanian and the ancient old latin speakers. So today we have a substratum of the language that formed ..modern latin, greek..etc...from pelasgi. The dacian from Rome in senat used to speak a old latin "barbaric language" that only few old romans used to know.
i don't know...probably is something similar to conection between poles and sarmathians - just a thought

Status
Closed