Ottoman Sources Online

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
a jewel that found its way online, the manuscript of the Catalogue of Sultan Bayezid II's palace library:

Magyar Tudományos Akadémia Könyvtára Keleti Gyűjtemény, Török F. 59. (Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Oriental Collection, Török F. 59)

For further literature on this manuscript Ismail E. Erünsal in his Ottoman Libraries: A Survey of the History, Development and Organization of Ottoman Foundation Libraries gives a brief info on it and gives these further literature on it:

"The first reference to this catalogue, that I have been able to trace, was made by E. Birnbaum in an article published in 1976 : "The Ottomans and Chagatay Literature", Central Asian Journal, vol. XX (1976), p. 165. I have made a detailed description of the catalogue in my article: "The Catalogue of Bayezid II's Palace Library", Kütüphanecilik Dergisi, Belge Bilgi Kütüphane Araştırmaları, no. 3 (1992), pp. 55-66. The catalogue is also the subject of a recent article by Miklós Maróth : "The Library of Sultan Bayezid II", in Irano-Turkic Cultural Contacts, ed. by Eva M. Jeremiàs (Piliscsaba, 2003), pp. 111-132."

p. 146, footnotes

i haven't been able to read the other cited publications on it, but the catalogue itself, made in 1502/1503 by the palace librarian Atufi is online and free to download

Ms Török F.59 / [Catalogue of the library of Sultan Bayezid II] - REAL-MS

Last edited:

Tsar

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
Serbia
a jewel that found its way online, the manuscript of the Catalogue of Sultan Bayezid II's palace library:

Magyar Tudományos Akadémia Könyvtára Keleti Gyűjtemény, Török F. 59. (Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Oriental Collection, Török F. 59)

For further literature on this manuscript Ismail E. Erünsal in his Ottoman Libraries: A Survey of the History, Development and Organization of Ottoman Foundation Libraries gives a brief info on it and gives these further literature on it:

"The first reference to this catalogue, that I have been able to trace, was made by E. Birnbaum in an article published in 1976 : "The Ottomans and Chagatay Literature", Central Asian Journal, vol. XX (1976), p. 165. I have made a detailed description of the catalogue in my article: "The Catalogue of Bayezid II's Palace Library", Kütüphanecilik Dergisi, Belge Bilgi Kütüphane Araştırmaları, no. 3 (1992), pp. 55-66. The catalogue is also the subject of a recent article by Miklós Maróth : "The Library of Sultan Bayezid II", in Irano-Turkic Cultural Contacts, ed. by Eva M. Jeremiàs (Piliscsaba, 2003), pp. 111-132."

p. 146, footnotes

i haven't been able to read the other cited publications on it, but the catalogue itself, made in 1502/1503 by the palace librarian Atufi is online and free to download

Ms Török F.59 / [Catalogue of the library of Sultan Bayezid II] - REAL-MS
Thanks so much.

Mar 2012
Magdeburg
Thanks and welcome, great to see people who are interested in the Ottomans from our country :D
It is great to see some Serbian folks don't share the mainstream Serbian animosity towards Turks; I'm all-out for building friendly relationships with fellow balkan nations instead of living in the dark of shadow of the past; sadly both sides have got blindly stubborn people.

Similar History Discussions