Out of the countries that were monarchies in 1914, which ones had the strongest republican movements?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Out of the countries that were monarchies in 1914, which ones had the strongest republican movements during this time? For the record, I am asking about republican movements specifically in 1914 as opposed to even a couple of years later.

May 2019
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
I think this year is not clear example to this question, because WWI was about to start and in every even partly ambitious country there was a big movement of conflict supporters and, thus, supporters of legal regime and legal authorities, which was monarchy most of the time.

caldrail

Ad Honorem
Feb 2012
At that stage in history I would have thought most people saw republican movements as inherently bolshevist and therefore a minority cause. The Russian Revolution inaugurated a period where non-monarchical government was possible (and for some, desirable). However, it is also true that republican movements had already made themselves felt. The American Revolution, the Cromwellian Commonwealth, and the French Revolution come to mind. But these manifestations always involved violence or civil war - not what the majority would have wanted.

May 2019
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
republican movements as inherently bolshevist
We're talking about 1914, thus any "bolshevism influence" seems inappropriate, because of its weakness that time. In addition to this, revolutionary mood in Russia's society became real only in 1915, after first big defeats of empire's army.