Pakistan Justice Opposing Muslim Fundamentalists

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
Islamists are 'hunting door to door' to try and find Pakistani Christian mother who was cleared of blasphemy as they continue to demand her death:
  • Asia Bibi, 53, was acquitted three weeks ago of blasphemy by Supreme Court
  • She is in protective custody as decision caused mobs of hardliners to protest
  • Islamist groups want to see her executed for 'insulting the Prophet Muhammad'
  • They are trying to track her family down by showing photos of them to villagers
  • Bibi has been banned from leaving Pakistan, despite asylum offers from the west
The family of Asia Bibi, a Christian who was recently acquitted after spending eight years on death row for insulting the Prophet Muhammad, have said they are being stalked by Islamists calling for their murder. Bibi was cleared of blasphemy by Pakistan's Supreme Court three weeks ago, but has been forced to remain in protective custody ever since after the ruling prompted an outcry among ultra-religious Muslims calling for her execution.

Her family are also in hiding but are reportedly constantly on the move to avoid the band of extremists who are pursuing them and even going door-to-door with their photographs. ----
Islamists are 'hunting door to door' to try and find Pakistani Christian mother cleared of blasphemy | Daily Mail Online

Jun 2016
England, 200 yards from Wales
Its not misleading for a peaceful Muslim to say Islam is a religion of peace.

OTOH I would argue that the Muslims from ISIL and AQ are misleading.. The Muslims from ISIL or AQ writes about how the so called west has damaged the people of the middle east and Islam is the savior, that evil Americans drop bombs on innocent Muslims...Yet most of the Muslims of the world and most non Muslims of the world view the AQ and ISIL type Muslim as being violent and just wrong about their interpretation of Islam. We know that most Muslims of the middle east are good people, you will see Lebron James jersies all over Iraq, Afganistan and Syria for example. American people and American culture are admired all throughout the middle east but ISIL and AQ dont like to talk about that.
I don't disagree with the underlined bit, but you can't just dismiss that other 'interpretation', it is not just a few people demanding death for Asia Bibi, but large crowds.
Either Islam is a good religion, or it is a bad religion.
It can't be that simple, as you say the violent approach is an interpretation of Islam - it is part of it.
If you insist that it must be wholly one or the other you open the way for some to say that because there are 'bad', intolerant, interpretations therefore it is bad as a whole.

.because saying a part of Islam or a part of any religion is violent would mean the religion in question, not a part of it, but the religion in question is violent.
Saying a part of something is X is hardly the same as saying not a part but the whole is. That's what the words mean.
There are different interpretations of it (and of other religions, and of political beliefs too), some more tolerant and less violent than others.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Islamists are 'hunting door to door' to try and find Pakistani Christian mother who was cleared of blasphemy as they continue to demand her death:
  • Asia Bibi, 53, was acquitted three weeks ago of blasphemy by Supreme Court
  • She is in protective custody as decision caused mobs of hardliners to protest
  • Islamist groups want to see her executed for 'insulting the Prophet Muhammad'
  • They are trying to track her family down by showing photos of them to villagers
  • Bibi has been banned from leaving Pakistan, despite asylum offers from the west
The family of Asia Bibi, a Christian who was recently acquitted after spending eight years on death row for insulting the Prophet Muhammad, have said they are being stalked by Islamists calling for their murder. Bibi was cleared of blasphemy by Pakistan's Supreme Court three weeks ago, but has been forced to remain in protective custody ever since after the ruling prompted an outcry among ultra-religious Muslims calling for her execution.

Her family are also in hiding but are reportedly constantly on the move to avoid the band of extremists who are pursuing them and even going door-to-door with their photographs. ----
Islamists are 'hunting door to door' to try and find Pakistani Christian mother cleared of blasphemy | Daily Mail Online
Obviously this is a huge tragedy. I hope that she and her family are given asylum in a nicer country.

Also, I wonder if Christians behaved in a similarly barbaric manner several centuries ago if one said something bad about Christianity and/or about Jesus Christ. I mean, I know that the Crusaders engaged in pogroms against Jews and Muslims.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
He is not a Hindu by the way.
Is he an atheist?

BTW, I wonder if Muslim and African countries will ever evolve on things such as women's rights and gay rights like the West and parts of Latin America did. I mean, U.S. Blacks, while being more homophobic than U.S. Whites and U.S. Hispanics, are still much more progressive on the issue of gay rights than Muslims and Africans are. One could only hope that eventually Muslim and African countries will likewise progress in regards to these issues--though I certainly expect this to take an extremely long time if it will ever happen at all.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Yes the foundation of Pakistan and the USA differs. There are differences among the laws of Pakistan and the USA.

You surely know that Pakistani people in general are nice people, right? I have Urdu speaking friends whom are Muslims, they are dignified people. If Pakistan was so backward, it would not have super stadiums for Cricket and it would certainly not have one of the best Cricket teams in the world. The Pakistani Cricket National team would give up all matches against Christian England due to the Holy Cross on the very Flag of England. But nay, Christians are welcomed in Pakistan as guests often. The Pakistani Army , Police, Firefighters of course includes good hardworking honest people. The Pakistani gov may have issues to resolve similar to issues facing other countries such as Iran and India, these are countries home to great history but also widespread poverty.

Its not religion that is the issue in Pakistan..the foundations of Turkey and Saudi Arabia are proof that Islam does not inhibit freedom(Turkey) and economic prosperity(Turkey and Saudi but more so Saudi).

Pakistan can improve but there is work to be done. Pakistan has the history, the natural resources and intelligent minds to become great.
What United states follow today is all humans are born equal and no discrimination should be there race or religion. But Pakistan's ideological foundation are based on Two nations theory i.e. Hindu and Muslims are separate nation and thus the Pakistan as a nation has no place for Hindus or Christians. The kids are intentionally exposed to hate for Hindus and Christians to create a strong Muslim identity. If Pakistani see their history they (except Pashtuns-Baloch) are nothing more than a former "Indian Muslims" and it this case they keep their hate alive. Your contact with some Pakistani Americans is far from the reality.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
What United states follow today is all humans are born equal and no discrimination should be there race or religion. But Pakistan's ideological foundation are based on Two nations theory i.e. Hindu and Muslims are separate nation and thus the Pakistan as a nation has no place for Hindus or Christians. The kids are intentionally exposed to hate for Hindus and Christians to create a strong Muslim identity. If Pakistani see their history they (except Pashtuns-Baloch) are nothing more than a former "Indian Muslims" and it this case they keep their hate alive. Your contact with some Pakistani Americans is far from the reality.
Creating hate for Hindus and Christians (and Jews as well, of course) isn't a very productive way of running a country. In this regard, Pakistan should emulate Kazakhstan--which is a nation-state but which also more-or-less respects ethnic and religious minority groups. I mean, Hindus and Christians aren't a demographic threat to Pakistan; thus, why worry about them?

Heck, didn't Jinnah advocate in favor of a tolerant Pakistan (even if he was a bit of a hypocrite in regards to this)?

Similar History Discussions