Pakistan minister states nuclear war heads positioned against India

Sep 2012
India
Pakistan ' s Minister for external affairs has stated in a press interview that nuclear war head equipped missiles have been positioned in his country near the border with India and though these are of a small capacity, they have been positioned to specifically attack India.
This statement has been issued before Pakistan Prime Minster Nawaz Sharif is about to visit the USA.
The sheer provocative nature of the message is shocking. I wonder if it is meant extract more money , arms and planes from the ever willing USA or has been said at the prodding of the Pak Army or dear friend China, the implications for India are serious. While India can surely giving a severely damaging reply to Pakistan in a nuclear war, in real economic terms we have much more to lose whatever we have built so far, than Pakistan which is more or less a basket case.
The world has just came a few notches nearer to a nuclear holocaust.
Your views please

Last edited:

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Pakistani nationalism is proportional to hatred against Hindus of India. So, they will put this nuclear threat against India as constant failure against India has demoralize the entire nation. Even more funnier is that an average Joe in Pakistan think India don't have nukes and there won't be a backlash.

Sep 2012
India
Pakistani nationalism is proportional to hatred against Hindus of India. So, they will put this nuclear threat against India as constant failure against India has demoralize the entire nation. Even more funnier is that an average Joe in Pakistan think India don't have nukes and there won't be a backlash.
Sorry, duplicate post.

Last edited:
Sep 2012
India
But will it not be a grave mistake for any Pakistani to think that India has no retaliatory capacity whatsoever or that our response to a nuclear attack by Pakistan will be feeble ? These ignorant people are living in a fool's paradise if this is so and that might encourage them to egg on their generals and Hafiz Saeed.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Thread moved to Chamber. It's not history in the making, but judging by the nature of the subject, it is better off here.

Mind your Ps and Qs.

Aug 2009
Londinium
I thought it was well known that India and Pakistan are nuclear rivals, with missiles pointed at each other? Has this never been stated by the Pakistan or Indian governments before to such a blunt (brutal) extent?

Sep 2012
India
I thought it was well known that India and Pakistan are nuclear rivals, with missiles pointed at each other? Has this never been stated by the Pakistan or Indian governments before to such a blunt (brutal) extent?
To my knowledge the Govt.of India has repeatedly stated that ours is a ' No first use ' policy in so far as nuclear weapons are concerned. Beyond that there has not been any statement of any kind regarding the deployment of Indian nuclear tipped missiles.

Jul 2010
Not sure what it is
To my knowledge the Govt.of India has repeatedly stated that ours is a ' No first use ' policy in so far as nuclear weapons are concerned. Beyond that there has not been any statement of any kind regarding the deployment of Indian nuclear tipped missiles.
No first use sounds a bit strange as a nuclear strategy. After all, this is not quite like conventional warfare. Say, if India received credible intelligence that nuclear attack is eminent that could devastate its population, would India still hold on to the no first thing use policy?

Sep 2012
India
So a guy officially told you what everyone already knew and your acting shocked!!!!

I wonder what other revelations he had to offer?? Water wet. Sky blue???
You ought to appreciate that India has a long common frontier with Pakistan which in a restive state and where
the warlike factions are getting to be more powerful day by day.
India is not sheltered from all sides by the sea and away from hot spots like Australia is . And, yes, even the Govt.of Pakistan had never declared it's hostile intentions so openly.
Sarcasm, is no substitute for whatever one wants to say in a serious debate.