Palahniuk, Fight Club

okamido

Forum Staff
Jun 2009
land of Califia
The movie is definitely one of the most influential and intelligent films ever... I truly enjoyed it. I have not read the book though....
There are only a few things that differ from the movie. Some of the lines that Brad Pitt gets, are actually spoken by the "Mechanic", and the ending is different.

Go to the link I provided in the first post and check out the last couple of paragraphs of the final chapter. I find it to be a much more satisfying ending. ;)

Aug 2010
Central Macedonia
There are only a few things that differ from the movie. Some of the lines that Brad Pitt gets, are actually spoken by the "Mechanic", and the ending is different.

Go to the link I provided in the first post and check out the last couple of paragraphs of the final chapter. I find it to be a much more satisfying ending. ;)

Ok, I 'll do that! :cool:

kbear

Ad Honorem
Sep 2010
i loved the movie but i'd love just about any movie with brad pitt! i'd give it an "a" for originality--definitely had a strange plot but all the actors were great..

Jun 2011
Fight Club is a fantastic book. However, it's one of the few books where the line "oh, the book is much better" can't really be used. The book has more details, The Space Monkey character is fleshed out, but essentially it's the same.

I liked Choke, Invisible Monsters, and Survivor. Chucks other books are horrible, in my opinion.

I still think he should write a sequel to Fight Club. If you've read his other stuff it seems like he is trying (and failing) to do anyway.

Toltec

Ad Honorem
Apr 2008
Hyperborea
I read the book, 1st half mirrored the movie almost word for word, the second half a completely different plot twist. I thought the second half of the movie was better.

I also read a second chuck book on the strength of this, never again.

okamido

Forum Staff
Jun 2009
land of Califia
I also read a second chuck book on the strength of this, never again.
I had a similar experience with Choke, just a disappointment. Invisible Monsters and Doomed are supposed to be good though.

As to having read it, of course you have. If ever there was a card-carrying member of The Cacophony Society on this forum.....tis thou.
:D

Toltec

Ad Honorem
Apr 2008
Hyperborea
I had a similar experience with Choke, just a disappointment. Invisible Monsters and Doomed are supposed to be good though.

As to having read it, of course you have. If ever there was a card-carrying member of The Cacophony Society on this forum.....tis thou.
:D
The Cacophony Society, I should sue them for copyright infringement, their pub crawls are ripping off the pub crawls of my teens.

Nov 2013
rochester
Fight Club is a fantastic book. However, it's one of the few books where the line "oh, the book is much better" can't really be used. The book has more details, The Space Monkey character is fleshed out, but essentially it's the same.

I liked Choke, Invisible Monsters, and Survivor. Chucks other books are horrible, in my opinion.

I still think he should write a sequel to Fight Club. If you've read his other stuff it seems like he is trying (and failing) to do anyway.
Ask -----> receive:

Fight Club Author Chuck Palahniuk Shares New Details About The Graphic Novel Sequel - CinemaBlend.com