Pearl Harbour The New Evidence: whether Churchill and Roosevelt conspired to allow it to happen.

Nov 2017
Győr

Seventy-five years on from the attack on Pearl Harbour, questions remain about how the world's most powerful nation was caught by surprise. This Secret History documentary reveals new insight into what Washington knew before the attack, and whether Churchill and Roosevelt conspired to allow it to happen. Within the space of two hours, the devastating assault by Japanese forces left nearly 2500 people dead and 19 ships destroyed or damaged. An investigation ordered by President Roosevelt found Admiral Husband Kimmel, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Fleet, guilty of dereliction of duty. With his career in ruins, Kimmel became a broken man. But was he really to blame? Now, new research reveals what Washington knew prior to the attack and uncovers a crucial dossier that could have prevented it.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010

Seventy-five years on from the attack on Pearl Harbour, questions remain about how the world's most powerful nation was caught by surprise. This Secret History documentary reveals new insight into what Washington knew before the attack, and whether Churchill and Roosevelt conspired to allow it to happen. Within the space of two hours, the devastating assault by Japanese forces left nearly 2500 people dead and 19 ships destroyed or damaged. An investigation ordered by President Roosevelt found Admiral Husband Kimmel, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Fleet, guilty of dereliction of duty. With his career in ruins, Kimmel became a broken man. But was he really to blame? Now, new research reveals what Washington knew prior to the attack and uncovers a crucial dossier that could have prevented it.

Complete and utter non sense.

Nov 2010
Cornwall
I think Tora Tora Tora does most aspects of this whole affair pretty good, for a Hollywood effort. What great choice of timing.

You can never under-estimate the incompetence of any 20th century (or 21st!) democratic country who basically thought/thinks - it will never happen to us! They cut defence and are never ever prepared with anything except words

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Just noticed that this box of text, while not under comas, is a quote from the Youtube channel that published the video.

Anyway, I find always curious when this “secret histories” appear on Youtube. If I wanted something to remain secret, Youtube would be on the top of my list to put it.

On a more serious tone, this kind of “thing” is not really recent, don’t saw new insights, most of it predate the internet.

Chlodio

Ad Honorem
Aug 2016
Dispargum
This video presents no evidence of any conspiracy to bring the US into the war. There is some interesting information about Washington DC having intelligence information that they kept from Kimmel and other Pacific commanders. Whether Kimmel would have used this information, if he had it, to prevent or minimize the attack can only be speculation. I suspect not. That Kimmel was kept out of the loop is not new. It is mentioned in "Tora, Tora, Tora" among other places.

Nov 2017
Győr
Just noticed that this box of text, while not under comas, is a quote from the Youtube channel that published the video.

Anyway, I find always curious when this “secret histories” appear on Youtube. If I wanted something to remain secret, Youtube would be on the top of my list to put it.

On a more serious tone, this kind of “thing” is not really recent, don’t saw new insights, most of it predate the internet.
This is not secret anymore, and there are proofs. But some people have interpretation problems.

Nov 2017
Győr
This video presents no evidence of any conspiracy to bring the US into the war. There is some interesting information about Washington DC having intelligence information that they kept from Kimmel and other Pacific commanders. Whether Kimmel would have used this information, if he had it, to prevent or minimize the attack can only be speculation. I suspect not. That Kimmel was kept out of the loop is not new. It is mentioned in "Tora, Tora, Tora" among other places.
If there were any conspiracy in human history, it is not written for the posterior. Except if the IQ of the conpirators are below 85.

Nov 2017
Győr
The story is more than suspicious. Don't be childishly naive and do not wait for any "written proofs" for the posterior, if the conspirators have IQ over 85. which has a great chance, because they were top leaders in politics and military. If all would happen in the 21th century, I am sure that there have been a court trial against the top politicians and diplomats after their retirements.

Jan 2015
Rupert's Land ;)
You can never under-estimate the incompetence
There's your answer there.

The responsibility for base defense was primarily the job of General Short.

The top brass had reasons for withholding intelligence.
The bottom line, given the imminent "war warning", they should have had the radar up and working, and the island's defence HQ properly staffed, even on the weekend.

Similar History Discussions