Person of the Year 2019

Status
Closed

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
You should stop that hot air coming out.
Look I can see that you think he will start something, but he hasn't. He has had multiple opportunities to start one, but he hasn't. The "dialog" with Kim would surely start one, his stopping of the idiotic Iran deal would surely start one, the hiring of Bolton would surely start one, the Mueller investigation would have him start one (wag the dog style) etc. With so many opportunities he is as good a warmonger as England is a penalty killer.

So maybe, just maybe and this may be a novel concept, you are wrong on this one.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Look I can see that you think he will start something, but he hasn't. He has had multiple opportunities to start one, but he hasn't. The "dialog" with Kim would surely start one, his stopping of the idiotic Iran deal would surely start one, the hiring of Bolton would surely start one, the Mueller investigation would have him start one (wag the dog style) etc. With so many opportunities he is as good a warmonger as England is a penalty killer.

So maybe, just maybe and this may be a novel concept, you are wrong on this one.
No, I think he *might*. Not necessarily deliberately, but his policies are ratcheting up tensions in the Gulf, and an accidental war is a realistic possibility. And yes, that's the stopping of the Iran deal. Who do we have to believe that Iran wasn't sticking to it? Israeli intelligence. US intelligence said othrrwise. So yeah, the only people who will believe either version are the people already inclined to believe it.

Kim? Goodness me, you can't tell me you actually TRUST Kim to keep his word? It's not like they have ever done it before. See how quickly they rebuilt those supposedly decommissioned nuclear sites?

Status
Closed