Philip and Alexander - ancient Greek corruptions of original, native, ancient Macedonian royal names

Status
Closed
Oct 2018
Sydney
Ok, let's say you don't have and more sources on the fair hairness of ancient greeks. What do you do next? :D
So, basically you can't admit that you're wrong. I refuted your argument in two different ways, but you want me to do yet more work for you? Pathetic. Nationalism is a hell of a drug.

Oct 2012
Lalli, read what leading authority on Byzantium, Ostrogorsky, says...You will be on a firmer ground once you do that.
Samuel was as bulgarian as much as basil II was byzantine. Meaning, samuel was Macedonian and basil Ii was armenian. Some historians argue the both were adversarious, compeating relatives.
Well. If Samuel himself indetified as Bulgarian, you should respect that.

Aug 2019
North
[eQUOTE="Olleus, post: 3214561, member: 51188"]
You have the right to believe whatever you want. You do not have the right to have your beliefs respected.

To elaborate, your beliefs are your own business. How I respond to your beliefs are my own business; you have no rights to demand anything from me here. Now if you want me (or anyone else) to respect your beliefs, you ought to provide some convincing arguments for it. Right now you're just playing the victim card, and I have as much respect for that as I do for flat earthers or anti-vaccers.
[/QUOTE]
We Macedonians have our collective memory of alexander that no one can take away from us.

Mar 2018
UK
If there weren't fair haired ancient greeks
We Macedonians have our collective memory of alexander that no one can take away from us.
So you're no longer even trying to argue that you are right. Just that you should be allowed to believe what you want?

Ok, you're free to have your delusions if you want.

Status
Closed