Plausibility Check: A non-Communist Russia gets a lot of Asian immigration?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Would it have been plausible for a non-Communist Russia (either a surviving Tsarist Russia or a surviving moderate post-revolutionary Russian public) to eventually get a lot of Asian immigration? I don't necessarily mean immediately, but rather throughout the 20th and 21st centuries. Also, if this is indeed plausible, how exactly does one actually go about and achieve this?

For the record, by "Asian," I mean East Asian, Southeast Asian, and South Asian. Basically, the same as what is considered Asian here in the US for the purposes of the US Census.

Also, to clarify--I want an Asian population of at least several tens of millions in a non-Communist Russia by the end of the 21st century.

Anyway, any thoughts on this?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Also, No, Central Asians don't count as Asian for the purposes of this scenario because:

1. That would make this scenario way too easy.
2. The US Census Bureau doesn't actually consider Central Asians to be Asian; rather, it considers them to be White:

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Here's an example of what I want for this scenario for Russia--but in regards to the US:

Between 1965 and 2065, the US Asian population will absolutely explode--increasing by almost fifty times as a result of mass Asian immigration to the US during these 100 years. I want something similar to happen to Russia in this scenario.

Apr 2017
U.S.A.
Russia would have to be prosperous and semi-free to attract millions of immigrants, as well as being willing to take said peoples. A possible exception would be China, if china is poorer by comparison to Russia, then many may cross the border to Siberia, especially if they were fleeing conflict/famine.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Russia would have to be prosperous and semi-free to attract millions of immigrants, as well as being willing to take said peoples.
Yep.

A possible exception would be China, if china is poorer by comparison to Russia, then many may cross the border to Siberia, especially if they were fleeing conflict/famine.
Yeah, China is likely still going to have its warlord era in this scenario--which in turn could motivate a lot of Chinese to head north. If China avoids Communism, though, then it probably should be almost as prosperous as Russia is by the early 21st century, though. (I'm assuming that Russia would be more prosperous in this scenario right now due to the lack of a history of Communist rule in Russia in this scenario.)

Also, India is likewise going to be near the border with Russia--albeit not directly bordering Russia due to the Wakhan Corridor. Still, Indians could theoretically try going through Afghanistan in order to get to Russia. Plus, the smarter Indians could apply to immigrate to Russia the regular way just like they do in regards to the US and Britain in real life.