Plausible alternative locations for a Jewish state

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Which plausible alternative locations for a Jewish state could have there been in the early 20th century?

I get that Palestine was the Jews' historical homeland, but the issue with creating a Jewish state in Palestine would have been that there would have simply been too many Palestinian Arabs there in the long(er)-run. Even without the Holocaust, it would have been very hard for me to see how the Zionists could control all of Palestine in the long(er)-run without expelling a lot of Palestinian Arabs. Else, the demographics of Israel simply wouldn't be secure enough for the Jews.

In turn, this makes me wonder--were there any other plausible alternative locations for a Jewish state in the early 20th century? I suppose that parts of eastern Germany could have worked for this after the end of World War II, but this would have also necessitated expulsions of Germans rather than Palestinian Arabs. I would really prefer it if there was a realistic way for a Jewish state to be created somewhere without any need for expulsions. In this regard, the gold standard can be the US's acquisition of Mexican territory in 1848. There were so few people living in these territories that the US could easily give US citizenship to all of them without ever having them comprise a demographic threat to the US. (The large Hispanic population in the Southwestern US today is probably much more due to post-1900 immigration to the US than to anything else.)

I suppose that someone here could mention Madagascar, but there is probably no way in Hell that millions of Jews are going to voluntarily move over there (and I want a voluntary Jewish state--not a Jewish state created by some Nazi crackpots after they deport Europe's entire Jewish population). Plus, Madagascar would have had the same issue that Palestine had in the long(er)-run--specifically, the indigenous population there was eventually going to massively increase and was thus eventually going to pose a demographic threat to the Jewish nature of any Jewish state that would have been created there.

Anyway, where could a Jewish state have realistically been created without there ever being a need for expulsions? Also, again, please keep in mind that this Jewish state needs to be voluntary and not the result of some crackpot involuntarily deporting millions of Jews there.

Oct 2013
Europix
Anyway, where could a Jewish state have realistically been created without there ever being a need for expulsions? Also, again, please keep in mind that this Jewish state needs to be voluntary and not the result of some crackpot involuntarily deporting millions of Jews there.
Nowhere.

One of the Jews' homeland was Europe, and for almost 2 millenniums (the other being North Africa). And if You talk with old Jews that left Europe, You will notice that, in spite of the bitter remembrances, there's also often a nostalgia around.

"Leaving voluntary" isn't anything else than self-deporting.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Which plausible alternative locations for a Jewish state could have there been in the early 20th century?
In the 20th century probably Antarctica would be a good place.

An huge continent without any population. So it wouldn’t be necessary to expel anyone… well maybe the penguins…

All other places in the world already had population. So… inviting a bunch of people from other places in the world to migrate, with a sole religion, to create a religious state… would be like an invasion at the eyes of the former inhabitants. Currently a similar kind of migration is causing some controversy both in Europe an in the USA.

Aug 2018
Southern Indiana
The Kimberly Plan could have increased settlement and farming in the center of Australia.
Look at what the Israelis did to Israel
But, if they were in Australia, they would not have been in a strategic area of the world and thus most likely would not have gotten the financial and military support from the US to become what they are today.

Similar History Discussions