Polish war aims in the Polish-Soviet War of 1919-1921?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
What were the Polish war aims in the Polish-Soviet War of 1919-1921? I'm aware that the Poles wanted to capture Kiev and also to conquer Belarus, but did the Poles also have any southward ambitions in that war--as in, towards Odessa? I'm curious about this because Poland's access to the Baltic Sea was extremely narrow (it controlled the Polish Corridor and had some rights in Danzig) and thus I was wondering if Poland wanted to have a port on the Black Sea as well.

Anyway, does anyone here have any information in regards to this?

Sep 2016
天下
Polish border was more or less meant to be the same as negotiated in Riga. In 1919 Poles agreed with Ukrainians under Petrula on the border on Zbruch river. For the areas further east Piłsudski wanted to prop up buffers in form of independent (but Polish-aligned) Ukraine and Belarus. How far east the borders of those two states sould be is anyone's guess, but Poles wanted to weaken Russia as much as possible, so they would try to negotiate for as big Ukraine as possible.
Likely Poland would try to exert some influence on Ukrainian government, build common economical centres, but annexing territories that far east wasn't even under consideration I believe.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Polish border was more or less meant to be the same as negotiated in Riga. In 1919 Poles agreed with Ukrainians under Petrula on the border on Zbruch river. For the areas further east Piłsudski wanted to prop up buffers in form of independent (but Polish-aligned) Ukraine and Belarus. How far east the borders of those two states sould be is anyone's guess, but Poles wanted to weaken Russia as much as possible, so they would try to negotiate for as big Ukraine as possible.
Likely Poland would try to exert some influence on Ukrainian government, build common economical centres, but annexing territories that far east wasn't even under consideration I believe.
Yes, that is correct. I was simply wondering if Polish-puppet Ukraine would have expanded as far south as Odessa.