Population Control

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
I don't like this idea that the population will reach a figure and level out. Nature doesn't quite work that way.
What does "nature" have to do with it? Humans have birth control measures and they are becoming more widespread as a greater percentage of the world's female population gets educated. Even in India the Fertility Rate has fallen below replacement rate. It is really only in African countries that Fertility Rates are well above replacement rates and in a few decades their population growth will no longer be enough to offset the decline in the rest of the world.

Last edited:

caldrail

Ad Honorem
Feb 2012
??????????

How is there any evidence from anyone of a future event? How is an equation with an extrapolated number resulting any realistic means of determining what will happen in the future? No - I haven't/ Nor do you, nor do those gangs of experts whose calculations you've swallowed. Maths cannot predict events unless the equation is based on probability and event data. Theirs is based on current trends. I say again - the fossil record is full of dominant species. And for all our current success and self importance, it is worth remembering that we're the only species of Human Being left. The others have already died out.

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
So you HAVE NOT shown any evidence, in this discussion, that the world population will start to fall after 2050.
I have repeatedly referred you to the definitive study over multiple threads (including this one: see post #108) and summarised it for those unable to access the paper. If you can't afford the book, there are these wonderful buildings called "libraries".

Last edited:

caldrail

Ad Honorem
Feb 2012
Definitive study... Hohohoho. Nothing's definitive until it happens. How many predictions of the future have been made previously? Despite the plethora of modern transport, my lungs have never been sucked out at more than 30mph. The streets are not six feet deep in horse dung. I do not commute to work in a flying car. Even the Gods can't deliver. After all, weren't the Romans promised an empire without limits in time and space?