Predicting the Next Decade 2020-2030

stevev

Ad Honorem
Apr 2017
Las Vegas, NV USA
Hahahaha! Interesting plan...
I can see this working. I don't know how, don't know exactly when, but when it happens it will be glorious, and I will be there to watch it happen (perhaps finding myself on a curiously furniture shaped mountain).
It's good for the planet. Less resources consumed, more room. Who knows? Today Europe, tomorrow the world! Little Luxembourg rules!

MrKap

Ad Honorem
Aug 2011
I've been working on this.

ASMR : (((dO.Ob))) : Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response

The internet is here to stay. Firewalls might go up, and we may see information sectioned into sectors to protect others from making mistakes despite best efforts. Until that time, ancient information is already out there, and scientists are working to bridge things such as the true language barriers.

China has "firewalled" the "ocean" for lacks of better terms.

What I hope to see is more pockets where utpoians disappear to complete great works, such as rainbow parties and burning mans, maybe they'll even start to inhabit territories that were once magnificently organized to all kinds real needs. You know, without rwanda breakouts and spat fights over whose dicks are bigger and whose life structures and social engineerings are better.

An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth. - dumbest military ever and they are still working thier way out.

This time around, perhaps, maybe we should consider turning our backs to those supposedly in need, and allowing places such as venezula and others, such as canada, or california or rural china, or tibet, to "burn out".

I mean if everyone is interested in playing the global extortion game it should be easy to get a few hundred million into an area, so long as we destroy it first right?

Say no, to foreign bail outs, and donations, say yes to full bore emigration and care package exportations.

stevev

Ad Honorem
Apr 2017
Las Vegas, NV USA
Yes but short people live longer so they have more years of consumption.
Ah! Then these people will have to be very short, say one meter, and not have more than two children. I also think they all should be vegetarians, except they can have fish on Friday if they wish. Then it doesn't matter if they live longer. Of course this only applies to non Luxembourgers.

Last edited:
Oct 2015
Singapore
Modi promises lots of things during an election campaign but he doesn't deliver on any of them.

He announced his Make-in-India, Digital India, and Smart Cities policies during the last campaign and has done nothing to implement them in five years.
chowkidar chor hai ("the watchman is a thief"). India is still ranked the most corrupt of all Asian countries.
His demonetization program destroyed small businesses and stifled GDP growth.
His "industry-relevant" skill development program has been a disaster with a lousy 15% job placement rate.
He failed to push through "critical" reforms such as GST and the Land Bill.
Inability to reach a decision on gas pricing or cutting subsidies.
Food prices have deflated, shrinking by 0.8%, causing many farmers to drown in debt.
He has done nothing to improve electricity supply. Production has crashed to a 71-month low.
Private consumption is falling.
Business confidence has slumped.
Unemployment has increased.
Pollution has increased.
Water reserves are being squandered more than ever.
And your Australian politicians?

Sep 2012
India
Modi promises lots of things during an election campaign but he doesn't deliver on any of them.

He announced his Make-in-India, Digital India, and Smart Cities policies during the last campaign and has done nothing to implement them in five years.
chowkidar chor hai ("the watchman is a thief"). India is still ranked the most corrupt of all Asian countries.
His demonetization program destroyed small businesses and stifled GDP growth.
His "industry-relevant" skill development program has been a disaster with a lousy 15% job placement rate.
He failed to push through "critical" reforms such as GST and the Land Bill.
Inability to reach a decision on gas pricing or cutting subsidies.
Food prices have deflated, shrinking by 0.8%, causing many farmers to drown in debt.
He has done nothing to improve electricity supply. Production has crashed to a 71-month low.
Private consumption is falling.
Business confidence has slumped.
Unemployment has increased.
Pollution has increased.
Water reserves are being squandered more than ever.
Your post reads as if it is the manifesto of the opposition party led by Rahul Gandhi namely the Indian National Congress. The slogan that ' the watchman is the thief ' had no effect on the voters for the simple reason that Modi is scrupulously honest. 67.74 % of 900 million voters actually voted. That comes to about 612 million. And out of these more than 50 % voted for the BJP. 306 million people have voted for the BJP, essentially meaning for Modi. We Indians are fully aware of what things were accomplished and what were not. And we are more than willing to give another 5 years to Modi.

Similar History Discussions