Predicting the Next Decade 2020-2030

Aug 2014
Australia
Your post reads as if it is the manifesto of the opposition party led by Rahul Gandhi namely the Indian National Congress. The slogan that ' the watchman is the thief ' had no effect on the voters for the simple reason that Modi is scrupulously honest. 67.74 % of 900 million voters actually voted. That comes to about 612 million. And out of these more than 50 % voted for the BJP. 306 million people have voted for the BJP, essentially meaning for Modi. We Indians are fully aware of what things were accomplished and what were not. And we are more than willing to give another 5 years to Modi.
Modi is good at whipping up nationalist sentiment against Muslims. People voted against their best interests because they are scared. It just happened in Australia as well.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
I believe the Australian people voted in their best interest as they saw it
because they were scared by a promise to increase taxes

Aug 2014
Australia
I believe the Australian people voted in their best interest as they saw it
because they were scared by a promise to increase taxes
My family has lots of money. This government looks after my family very well indeed. If Labor were elected, my family would have lost out but poorer people would have been much better off. The LNP ran a classic fear campaign and it worked. It scared people into voting against their best interests. They convinced people with no property holdings and nothing invested in the stock market that franking credits and negative gearing changes were going to hurt them. And how is the Adani coal mine going to create jobs? The entire operation is automated, including the driverless trucks and trains. Only a few technical staff are required and none of them will come from the local towns. At best they might supply some low-level admin workers.

Last edited:
Sep 2012
India
Modi is good at whipping up nationalist sentiment against Muslims. People voted against their best interests because they are scared. It just happened in Australia as well.
You are misreading the Indian election, more possibly you know nothing about Indian politics. Hindus as well as Muslims have voted the BJP into power. Muslims have no reason to fear the BJP. Muslim women are positively happy that the provisions in the Muslim religion regardingthe husband obtaining an easy divorce by simply saying 'talaq,talaq, talaq ' to his wife have been done away with. The Hindus in India have not ever been afraid of nuclear armed Pakistan, let alone our own fellow citizens just because they are Muslims.
It is time that India, Hindus, and Indian politics are seen without any stereotypical prejudices, leftovers from probably an imperial mindset.

Last edited:
Mar 2019
KL
yup hindus have practically voted for anti-islamic sentiment for a hindutva who is a known terrorist, instead of voting on merits, indian GDP growth has fallen to 5.8 percent. i guess hindus will get what they deserve.

you should have seen how hindutva BJP leadership was inciting hatred and communal riots before indian election.

regards

Jan 2016
Collapsed wave
The experts go on to predict a 50 percent chance that AI will be better than humans at more or less everything in about 45 years."

The machines will take over only when software companies instead of Artificial Intelligence, focus on developing Artificial Stupidity. Robots will then win elections left and right and will rule the world!

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
India has just completed its Parliamentary elections. Once again Narendra Modi has led his party , the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to a thumping victory . He has now received 5 more years to complete his agenda, and this presumably includes more industrialisation including more use of solar power and nuclear power,, more productive use of water available for drinking, hygiene and agriculture. It also presumably includes betterment in child nutrition, betterment of primary education ( although literacy is no more a headache ). And perhaps many more things. But India is very well on the way !

Good for you! One thing I noticed quite early on when visiting India, is that Indians (in general) are capable of producing just about anything. India to me was like a mosaic, with some parts of the country much more advanced and developed than others. It struck me then that India does have a big population challenge facing it and lots of other problems - such as access to clean drinking water - and too great a dependence on monsoon rains to replenish its water supplies. Still, India is one of those places in the world that make me feel a bit optimistic, not more pessimistic, about the future of mankind. India is not really one country - OK, one country with many, many subcultures.

It will take quite an effort to transform India, but there’s no time like the present to start.

Last edited:
Aug 2014
Australia
Good for you! One thing I noticed quite early on when visiting India, is that Indians (in general) are capable of producing just about anything.
Except water. Mismanagement of water resources is seriously retarding its growth. It is becoming more evident every year that India needs to invest in some heavy duty desalination plants to get the country through the dry months.

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
It seems you also got problems but we in EU are seriously troubled. I'm happy that my parts not as much as Swedes but still it is becoming worse. To me the best years of our state was a decade before 9-11, a first decade of our new state.
The EU needs to grow a pair and quit maligning their European heritage. This post-War guilt complex is obscene and Europe is paying the toll. Now you have a crisis situation with the European birth rate declining and Comrade Merkel and the EU pushing for ethnic replacement via third world migrants. And the decline of Christian morality and promotion of that transgender trash hasn't helped matters. It used to be that large European families were the norm, and the young generation was taught pride in their respective nations and cultural heritage.

Similar History Discussions