Primary and Secondary Sources for the Kingdom of Kongo

Oct 2018
America
I need some good primary and secondary sources for Kongo. Preferably if they are either in English, translated, or can be translated into English easily. Thanks!

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
I need some good primary and secondary sources for Kongo. Preferably if they are either in English, translated, or can be translated into English easily. Thanks!
Don’t know the time period that you are thinking about, but as the first primary sources we have are Portuguese as the “Crónicas de D. João II / Chronicles of D. João II”, by Rui (Ruy) de Pina, but mostly a wide picture in “Relação do Reino do Congo e das Terras Circunvizinhas / Report of the kingdom of Congo and the near lands”, by Filippo Pigafetta and Duarte Lopes.

The last one is fully translated to English and available at:

Full text of "A Report of the Kingdom of Congo: And of the Surrounding Countries ; Drawn ..."

These two are the ones that I read partially, but Wikipedia has an interesting bibliography about it: Kingdom of Kongo - Wikipedia

I also read a history of Luanda in the 16th century that naturally mentions Congo, but now I can’t recall more details.