Putin conquers and annexes all of Novorossiya in 2014

Nov 2015
Kyiv
I was being sarcastic — about a certain ingrained Russian disregard for Ukraine in general which manifests itself in those kinds of disparaging sayings.

Admittedly sarcasm doesn't necessarily travel well on internet discussion forums, when using a secondary language.
- I see. My apologies for not catching a note of sarcasm in your message. It's funny that I myself often note in discussions with Russian opponents that they do not catch sarcasm in my posting. And this time I got into this pit myself

I can only add that the problem of Russia in its relations with its neighbors is that it constantly underestimates them. And speaking more precisely, she lives now in her virtual world which has little resemblance to her surroundings.

Sep 2012
Bulgaria
This quote is attributed to Lev Gumilyov i read : When a Ukranian gets clever, he becomes Russian, a Ukrainian is not a nationality, but an apostate. There are Rusyns, Little Russians, White Russians, Great Russians. These are parts of a single nation and the "Ukrainian" is the one who replaced Orthodoxy with Uniatism at the beginning of the XXth century. Sectarian.

Lots of emotions. The date on the medal is idd a curious issue, there is no official response from the authorities regarding this date.

EDIT: This kind of religious talk is rather confusing i admit. It should be noted that during the time of the empire before revolution русский/russian was the term that was used to describe all orthodox christan subjects of the Imperator.

Last edited:
Nov 2015
Kyiv
This quote is attributed to Lev Gumilyov i read : When a Ukranian gets clever, he becomes Russian, a Ukrainian is not a nationality, but an apostate. There are Rusyns, Little Russians, White Russians, Great Russians. These are parts of a single nation and the "Ukrainian" is the one who replaced Orthodoxy with Uniatism at the beginning of the XXth century. Sectarian.
If I am not mistaken, in 1917 when Russia faced the "Ukrainian question" one of the Ukrainian leaders after talking to the Russians noted that "the Russian democrat ends where the Ukrainian question begins." I can add from my own communication experience that not only the Russian democrat, but also the Russian intellectual very often ends where the Ukrainian question begins ))

Sep 2012
Bulgaria
Denikin certainly had problems with Ukrainian nationalists and this animosity between them didnt help French who tried to appease both factions / to help both of them in their struggle against the Reds. In the end Reds won by wiping out their enemies one by one.

Nov 2015
Kyiv
Denikin certainly had problems with Ukrainian nationalists and this animosity between them didnt help French who tried to appease both factions / to help both of them in their struggle against the Reds. In the end Reds won by wiping out their enemies one by one.
In fact, France, against the background of other Entente countries was the most active supporter of the “United and indivisible Russia”. And she did almost nothing in support of Ukrainian sovereignty. The reason was simple. At one time, millions of French people bought shares of the Billionth Russian Loan. And the French government hoped that only the restoration of Russia within the borders of the 1914 empire would provide a refund to the French. As a result, they never received the money - and Bolshevik Russia will effectively support the Third Reich in the 1940 war against France. And 5 years before thisa squadron of heavy Russian TB-3 bombers would circle Paris, frightening its inhabitants. This will happen after the grandiose Kiev maneuvers of 1935, when the Western military representatives who were invited there by Moscow will see a real Russian blitzkrieg with 1000 attacking tanks and a large airborne assault force.

Sep 2012
Bulgaria
In fact, France, against the background of other Entente countries was the most active supporter of the “United and indivisible Russia”. And she did almost nothing in support of Ukrainian sovereignty. The reason was simple. At one time, millions of French people bought shares of the Billionth Russian Loan. And the French government hoped that only the restoration of Russia within the borders of the 1914 empire would provide a refund to the French. As a result, they never received the money - and Bolshevik Russia will effectively support the Third Reich in the 1940 war against France. And 5 years before thisa squadron of heavy Russian TB-3 bombers would circle Paris, frightening its inhabitants. This will happen after the grandiose Kiev maneuvers of 1935, when the Western military representatives who were invited there by Moscow will see a real Russian blitzkrieg with 1000 attacking tanks and a large airborne assault force.
Idd the alliance bettwen France and Russia contributed to the influx of french capital into the empire. French hoped to acquire economic gains from their expedition in Ukraine/ to defend their investments from the Reds. They landed on the black sea coast, toke some areas and soon realised that collaboration of all anti-red factions in the Ukraine is essential for the success of their endeavour. Denikin was their favorite for the reasons you mentioned in your post.

Aug 2014
New York, USA
That is actually common theme in breakaway "Republics" made by Putin. Most of them are ass holes of the World, but some people never learn. Even Crimea is in pretty poor shape despite fact, that in this case Russia tries to prop it up.
"Poor shape" is relative. I was under the impression that the Crimean side is actually better off than the Ukrainian side, even despite the sanctions on the region.

Nov 2015
Kyiv
Idd the alliance bettwen France and Russia contributed to the influx of french capital into the empire. French hoped to acquire economic gains from their expedition in Ukraine/ to defend their investments from the Reds. They landed on the black sea coast, toke some areas and soon realised that collaboration of all anti-red factions in the Ukraine is essential for the success of their endeavour. Denikin was their favorite for the reasons you mentioned in your post.
As far as I know, the Ukrainian ataman Grigoriev who at that time fought under the red banner for the Bolsheviks, liberated Kherson, Odessa and whole Southern Ukraine from the French and Greeks troops. Then he raised a powerful anti-Bolshevik uprising, which greatly spoiled the plans of Bolshevik Russia in Ukraine. Later he combined his troops with the anarchist army of Nestor Makhno. And he was killed by Makhno. Possible reason - Grigoriev and Denikin talks about joint struggle against the Red Army

Nov 2015
Kyiv
"Poor shape" is relative. I was under the impression that the Crimean side is actually better off than the Ukrainian side, even despite the sanctions on the region.
Quite possible, if we consider that Russia allocates large money to the occupied Crimea at the expense of Russian territories, which does not like it very much. Moscow hopes that the rain of money over the Crimea will ensure the loyalty of the Crimean people to Moscow and level their discontent. During the capture of the Crimea, Moscow promised them golden mountains, and fulfilled only a small part of the promises.

Sep 2012
Bulgaria
As far as I know, the Ukrainian ataman Grigoriev who at that time fought under the red banner for the Bolsheviks, liberated Kherson, Odessa and whole Southern Ukraine from the French and Greeks troops. Then he raised a powerful anti-Bolshevik uprising, which greatly spoiled the plans of Bolshevik Russia in Ukraine. Later he combined his troops with the anarchist army of Nestor Makhno. And he was killed by Makhno. Possible reason - Grigoriev and Denikin talks about joint struggle against the Red Army
According to Kim Munholland the garrison at Kherson consisted of around 150 French & 700 Greek troops, few hundreds of Denikin's volunteers were also present in the city. In comparison the troops of Grigorev were 10000+. No wonder the ataman won, moreover the locals were apparently on the Reds side or against the foreigners at least, rose up in support of the attackers and began firing upon the defenders.

Similar History Discussions