Question about the US-Mexico War of the 19th century

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
Well, you said about outcomes and you said Mexico was weaker than USA because Mexico lost war... I only said USA Lost the war in Vietnam.... and USA was not weaker...
Misrepresentation of both, unfortuneately.

This is what you wrote. "Mexico was as powerful (if not more) as US in 1845.... when Mexico fought both against rebels in Texas as in USA."
1. And it is evidence of your claim, boded above, for which I asked, and you have not provided - but you did mentioned far-reaching non sequiturs that covered the globe. Remember? I asked about weaponry, naval power, generalship, schools for the science of war engineering? I did not ask for a bunch of palabre about what year each become independent. I know all that. It's the alleged Mexican "if not more" powerful that I don't know anything about.

2. Others, included you said that Europe thought that Mexico was equally formidable vs. the US, and I asked where I could read about that. No one cited anything. I could read. (Someone mentioned Weliington's opinion).

3. And what I did write is this - asking how anyone could think Mexico was the equal to the US, now for the fourth time -
If Mexico could not beat Texas alone in 1836, why would anyone think Mexico could beat Texas and its 27 new friends, ie, all of the united States.

4. And yes, because you asked, the outcome and one-sided nature of the war is probative of relative strength. Is is sine qua non evidence for anyone arguing to the contrary to overcome. Mexico did not merely fail to achieve some remote objective, they were conquered and humiliated.

5. Use the quote function, please. Don't tell me what I wrote unless you are going to get it right.

PS: Remember, I politely warned you that I would poke holes in flimsy responses.

Last edited:

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
No, I can't.

I can't consciously believe things that are untrue. Bye, a pleasure to debunk, always.

Not dear, simply I have not time to be in so many threads....and I should to translate... and so that means so much time I have not.

Who wanted to know the history.. he should to begin to investigate...by himself.... By other side.. it is not my mission talk about Mexico since its independence but a Mexican ..and I am not.

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
Not dear, simply I have not time to be in so many threads....and I should to translate... and so that means so much time I have not.

Who wanted to know the history.. he should to begin to investigate...by himself.... By other side.. it is not my mission talk about Mexico since its independence but a Mexican ..and I am not.
I have investigated. So, I already knew that you could not have competently investigated your claim BEFORE you made it; And it wouldn't take any longer to link to a web site where someone else did the heavy lifting to show "Mexico was as powerful (if not more) as US in 1845" than it did to write you wonderful excuse about how the burden of proof for your claims is someone else's responsibility. If you recall, and I don't mean to put any undue burnden on anyone actually to read a thread they post in, but my first challenge to the idea of Mexican might was - tell me where I could read about it.

So, I suppose your claim is just the residue of a political agenda.

Last edited: