Questions regarding American history

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
How about an examination of the root causes of the Mexican American War and its immediate after effects? The concept of Manifest Destiny, which was the national desire to expand American sovereignty from the Atlantic to the Pacific. And the immediate results of the American victory. The incorporation of the American Southwest and the establishment of the United States as a continental and major regional power.
I agree that this could be a good topic for a research topic. Indeed, I'm very fascinated by this topic myself.

Mar 2019
Kansas
Thnx a lot lovely ppl, I'll consider ur suggestions and select one of them....I am really grateful!
The trick is to find something that interests you. Example if you are a computer nerd........History of Microsoft. Love sport.......pick one and write a paper. Cars......the history of the T model Ford. Aircraft...The Wright Brothes. Spaceflight.....The Apollo program.

See where I am going :)

Asherman

Forum Staff
May 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Wonderful contribution to the Community. Can we slow it down, or pause on occasion to think about what is shown? Wouldn't it be wonderful if when a use clicks on a State, the computer returns a series of references for that locality related to the time-period when clicked upon. BTW, Welcome to Historum and we hope to see much more of you and your work in the future.

Asherman

Forum Staff
May 2013
Albuquerque, NM
I understand it all right, its just that it unfolds to quickly to give proper thought to. It obviously highlights the rapid growth in population and the distribution of densities over a comparatively short time. So anyway ... how have you been since I largely disappeared from the forums? Being a Mod isn't all its cracked up to be, and it detracts from why I'm a big fan of the site.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I would think that you could find some software that slows down the pace of this information. That way, you could look at it for a longer time period.

As for me, I've been doing alright. Thanks for asking.

I just hope that I'm not posting too much on this forum. I just have a lot of thoughts, ideas, and questions. A lot of what I post is in the Speculative History section, though. Thus, members can easily avoid looking at it if they so choose.

Similar History Discussions