Recent/current world leaders who will be remembered as significant historical figures

May 2018
Ramgarh
Before you begin your great imperial adventure, by stealth or otherwise, there are a number of things you really need to do at home.

Clean up the Ganges: According to the WHO, the level of dangerous bacteria, toxins, and chemicals in the river is 3000 times over the limit what is considered safe. Over 1 billion litres of raw sewage is dumped into the river each day, in effect double the amount in the past 25 years. Add to this the bodies of hundreds of unwanted babies which are thrown in the river each year, together with animal bodies.

Oh I could go on, but read it for yourself:

Ganges River Pollution

And this:

Ganges River Pollution

Read this too:

India Air Pollution, Changing the way you breath

As you can see, Mr Singh, it will take more than the twelve years you have allotted to realize your imperial dream.

Mr Aelfwine

"London was the world's largest city from about 1831 to 1925.[50] London's overcrowded conditions led to cholera epidemics,[104] claiming 14,000 lives in 1848, and 6,000 in 1866."

London - Wikipedia

And this was when London was the centre of the world's biggest empire.

Pollution/overpopulation doesn't stop colonialism - it enhances it by forcing people to leave and go to other countries, and taking over those countries.

Nov 2008
England
Mr Aelfwine

"London was the world's largest city from about 1831 to 1925.[50] London's overcrowded conditions led to cholera epidemics,[104] claiming 14,000 lives in 1848, and 6,000 in 1866."

London - Wikipedia

And this was when London was the centre of the world's biggest empire.

Pollution/overpopulation doesn't stop colonialism - it enhances it by forcing people to leave and go to other countries, and taking over those countries.
I reported India today not London one hundred or so years ago.

Jul 2012
Dhaka
Before you begin your great imperial adventure, by stealth or otherwise, there are a number of things you really need to do at home.

Clean up the Ganges: According to the WHO, the level of dangerous bacteria, toxins, and chemicals in the river is 3000 times over the limit what is considered safe. Over 1 billion litres of raw sewage is dumped into the river each day, in effect double the amount in the past 25 years. Add to this the bodies of hundreds of unwanted babies which are thrown in the river each year, together with animal bodies.

Oh I could go on, but read it for yourself:

Ganges River Pollution

And this:

Ganges River Pollution

Read this too:

India Air Pollution, Changing the way you breath

As you can see, Mr Singh, it will take more than the twelve years you have allotted to realize your imperial dream.
In fact Indian conquest of Britain is taking the same route as the British conquest of Indian subcontinent.

Top Indian companies in the UK in 2016 revealed

May 2018
Ramgarh
There is no connection at all .Your statement is absurd.
I wish it was. You do know that the UK ruled and looted India, right? Do you think there was no connection about the state of London, industrial revolution, colonialism, etc? A lot of poor Brits made their fortunes in India, and were called "nabobs" - a corruption of the India-Persan word "Nawab".

Nov 2008
England
I wish it was. You do know that the UK ruled and looted India, right? Do you think there was no connection about the state of London, industrial revolution, colonialism, etc? A lot of poor Brits made their fortunes in India, and were called "nabobs" - a corruption of the India-Persan word "Nawab".
You are evading the point which is the terrible environmental issues in India today were somehow caused by the British Raj. Please explain to me how the British are responsible for the billion litres of raw sewage dumped into the Ganges each day, together with toxins and human corpses and who knows what else. Also try to tell me how the British Empire is somehow responsible for the air pollution in India which kills 1.2 million people annually. Don`t take my word for it, just read the Times of India.

Air pollution causes 1.2 million deaths in India annually; Delhi most polluted: Greenpeace report - Times of India

And read this:

Environmental issues in India - Wikipedia

I could post link after link, but these very serious issues being inflicted on Indians today have nothing to do with the British Raj which ended in 1947. You Mr Singh inferred that they do, and it is absurd.

May 2018
Ramgarh
You are evading the point which is the terrible environmental issues in India today were somehow caused by the British Raj. Please explain to me how the British are responsible for the billion litres of raw sewage dumped into the Ganges each day, together with toxins and human corpses and who knows what else. Also try to tell me how the British Empire is somehow responsible for the air pollution in India which kills 1.2 million people annually. Don`t take my word for it, just read the Times of India.

Air pollution causes 1.2 million deaths in India annually; Delhi most polluted: Greenpeace report - Times of India

And read this:

Environmental issues in India - Wikipedia

I could post link after link, but these very serious issues being inflicted on Indians today have nothing to do with the British Raj which ended in 1947. You Mr Singh inferred that they do, and it is absurd.
Here is how they are related to the British Raj. When the population of the UK exploded, they moved to the Americas. If all of them had stayed in the UK, the British population would be over 200 million (a guesstimate of the number of British origin persons living outside the UK). It would be a heavily polluted and poor country.

India did not get to export 65 percent of its population to the Americas, Australia, South Africa, etc. If she did, there would be a lot less pollution and crowding in India.

Your arguments reflect the poor schooling in the UK. I guess that is how the more competitive Indian kids thrive there.

Similar History Discussions