Recent Events in Hungary

Mar 2010
Czechoslovakia
1. 98% voting people in Hungarian referendum on quotas refused the idea to distribute migrants to EU countries.
2. Hungarians changed constitution where they prohibited accepting migrants by based on an outside decision.
Orban commented it by these words: "Nobody from outside will decide who will live in our country."
This is an unprecedented attempt to protect a country from Brussels arrogancy.

Jul 2016
Dengie Peninsula
Having been to Eastern European countries ,(Most of them) over the last 15 years, I can assure you they are all Rascist.
Monday , I am going to Slovenia with some mates, to watch England football. One of us is black and will need defending, It happened last time, it will happen again.

Vaeltaja

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Given that it was invalid poll or referendum due to the lack of participation it really doesn't matter one way or the other. Really embarrassing for Orban though.

Apr 2012
The Netherlands
Its certainly an unprecedented attempt. Its just a shame it kinda failed :) The turnout wasn't high enough to make the referendum count.

I'm sure the 98% will give Orban some leverage but not nearly as much as he had hoped.

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
1. as mentioned it was an invalid referendum (btw also illegal per the Hungarian laws but the rule of law is long gone in Hungary so it doesn't really matter, wouldn't have consequence). Of course it had its use, it was preceded by the longest and most expensive campaign ever made in Hungary. at least 50 million euros were spent on the anti-migrant campaign, but we can be sure that money went to the right pockets close to the regime...

2. the constitution hasn't been changed yet, not even the proposed draft is known, what little is leaked so far, it seems it will be a meaningless blabla that ultimately won't go against the current EU rules. but then again it is still isn't known what will be the final change (it will be the 7th change of our new constitution since it was originally accepted in 2011)

Last edited:

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
Its certainly an unprecedented attempt. Its just a shame it kinda failed :) The turnout wasn't high enough to make the referendum count.

I'm sure the 98% will give Orban some leverage but not nearly as much as he had hoped.
it served its purpose, 50 million euros tax money went to private pockets and for more than a year it dominated everything in the internal political communication. it could also serve as a test for mobilization to the next parliamental election in 2018.

Jun 2016
Russia
All the same I'm of the opinion that every country has to decide whom it invites and whom it turns away. It is called freedom and independence. The best help for emigrants would be not destroying their homeland.

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
Having been to Eastern European countries ,(Most of them) over the last 15 years, I can assure you they are all Rascist.
Monday , I am going to Slovenia with some mates, to watch England football. One of us is black and will need defending, It happened last time, it will happen again.
Don't forget homophobic! All of us Easterners are just as homophobic as racist, if not more ...

Small advice: avoid purple clothes while you'll be staying in Ljubljana. ;)

At Each Kilometer

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Bulgaria
Don't forget homophobic! All of us Easterners are just as homophobic as racist, if not more ...

Small advice: avoid purple clothes while you'll be staying in Ljubljana. ;)
You are not enough phobic I am afraid because your country is situated west from us. We are the ones with the most excellent sense of phobias, xeno-, homo-, arachno- everything we have, because we are the true easterners.