Red Back takes on deadly Brown Snake

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Horror as redback devours brown snake

The Eastern Brown Snake is the second most deadly land snake in the world. Red Back spiders are a little like Black Widows except that they have proper Aussie poison instead of wussy American poison.
Urk ! **** happens though. I was down at the river relaxing in our natural spa pool and I heard a rustle in the bulrushes right next to my arm, I had a look and it was a black snake with a water dragon half way down its gob ! .

I think it was in museum in Perth ? A display of a huge snake skeleton, a python with an echidna skeleton half way down, with spines intact and sticking out through the ribs of the snake . Tag said how it must have been a drought, snake got desperate and gobbed down an echidna ... which didnt go too well for either

(for our foreign readers ;

1551471772930.png

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Drop bears are still deadlier.

We had this dumb Kiwi guy on our work crew. We had a job in Sydney, where we found this guy and on the way to work had to go through the Sydney tunnel motorways. He noticed each tunnel had traffic lights at the beginning ; "What are those for ? "

Boss ( which is even funnier coming from him as he is not Aussie but Iranian with thick accent ; " Drop bears ... hold up traffic . "

" Waaat ? I thought they where bullshit ?"

" No , See up in roof of tunnel, all the pipes and things, they like to get up in there, one drops down, go right through your windscreen. The n car slam on breakes ... BOOMPF from behind .... smash smash smash all cars behind, so red light goes on, no one else go into tunnel and smash ."

" No way ! "

" Yes way ! This van get smashed in back like that's thats why its all bashed in . " Then he looks angrily at me .. as I actually did that.

Now Kiwi is pondering and craning his neck up to look at tunnel roof :D

Reactions: Ichon and Runa

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
BUT it kinda amazes me that all this stuff is out there about all the things that kill in you in Australia .

WHY ?

We dont have lions or tigers or hippos in the river and I dont have to take a shotgun with me to go up the back yard to use the outhouse and fight off the bears . Good Lord ...... bears ! A bear would just have to lean against my door and it would collapse !

Australia has scary animals ? Come off it !

1551472714345.png

We got nothing but fun, sun and a nice walk along the beach with the cool water lapping on my ankles , dum de dum .... OH ! Ooops !

1551473118647.png

"Mummy, can I make a sand castle ? "

" Yes dear , but do it away from that shark. "

Last edited:

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
BUT it kinda amazes me that all this stuff is out there about all the things that kill in you in Australia .

WHY ?

We dont have lions or tigers or hippos in the river and I dont have to take a shotgun with me to go up the back yard to use the outhouse and fight off the bears . Good Lord ...... bears ! A bear would just have to lean against my door and it would collapse !

Australia has scary animals ? Come off it !

View attachment 15891

We got nothing but fun, sun and a nice walk along the beach with the cool water lapping on my ankles , dum de dum .... OH ! Ooops !

View attachment 15892

"Mummy, can I make a sand castle ? "

" Yes dear , but do it away from that shark. "
Reminds me of the old joke:
"Are there any crocodiles in the water?"
"No, you don't have to worry about any crocodiles. The sharks ate them all."

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Animals tourists freak about about (mostly the size )

ants

1551588720142.png

Lizards

1551588883622.png

Snakes , of course

1551589089647.png

Actually, these guys are lovely ! Not venomous and can be picked up and cuddled ... if you know how (dont do it when they are hunting or warm - if they are fat and fed and its cold they will be attracted to your body heat and curl up and go to sleep on your lap or in your shirt.

Of course, you dont want to be surprised by one ... they are a 'constrictor' after all

1551589496630.png

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Reminds me of the old joke:
"Are there any crocodiles in the water?"
"No, you don't have to worry about any crocodiles. The sharks ate them all."
Nah! What you need is for huge crocs to eat all the sharks , then ....

1551589649854.png