Religion from A Psychoanalytical View

Nov 2016
Munich
Psychoanalyse and psychiatric treatment are two different things.
That´s not the only fault in M.S.I.´s thoughtless reasoning. Firstly he gives no explanation for his poor proposal. Secondly he hasn´t considered the consequences of his proposal: what kind of psychiatrist Freud should have consulted? A Jewish or Christian one, believing in ideas which Freud has critically analyzed and rejected as infantile? This would be logically absurd, moreover, M.S.I. seems not to be a follower of these religions, so why should he recommend this? So, to what psychiatrist else? An atheistic one? Why should an atheistic psychiatrist think it necessary to take Freud in treatment? Because Freud analyses monotheism from an atheistic view? Quite laughable. Moreover, why should an atheistic psychiatrist consider Freud´s approach pathological? He might find it appropriate or not, but will surely not see any necessity for psychiatric treatment.

Conclusion: M.S.I´s proposal is likely to say more about himself than about Freud.

Last edited:

M.S. Islam

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Dhaka
That´s not the only fault in M.S.I.´s thoughtless reasoning. Firstly he gives no explanation for his poor proposal. Secondly he hasn´t considered the consequences of his proposal: what kind of psychiatrist Freud should have consulted? A Jewish or Christian one, believing in ideas which Freud has critically analyzed and rejected as infantile? This would be logically absurd, moreover, M.S.I. seems not to be a follower of these religions, so why should he recommend this? So, to what psychiatrist else? An atheistic one? Why should an atheistic psychiatrist think it necessary to take Freud in treatment? Because Freud analyses monotheism from an atheistic view? Quite laughable. Moreover, why should an atheistic psychiatrist consider Freud´s approach pathological? He might find it appropriate or not, but will surely not see any necessity for psychiatric treatment.

Conclusion: M.S.I´s proposal is likely to say more about himself than about Freud.

Good joke.:)

Nov 2016
Munich
You are now engaging in Freudian psychoanalysis, I guess.:cool:
There is no reason for that. What I mean is that M.S.I.´s proposal is just indicating his own thoughtlessness (in this matter), but has nothing to say about Freud, what is confirmed by his new post which again gives no explanation for his clownish proposal.

Similar History Discussions