Remake of 'Where Eagles Dare'

Aug 2015
Earth
One of my all time favourite ww2 body count action movies is Where Eagles Dare with the great Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood. Would anyone like to see it remade only for there to be even more death and destruction, action, and beautiful Austrian ladies? Again, it would have to be a Sam Mendes (see 007 director) like production, no Hollywood reboot nonsense.

kazeuma

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Stop remaking good movies even if you own the script.

Here is a better idea, pee out window in Hollywood, the first person you hit in Hollywood, that person will have an idea for a movie, buy said idea, and make said movie.

Hell, I have seventeen different ideas for a movie.

Or a worse, worse idea - pee out window in Hollywood, the first person you hit in Hollywood, that person will have an idea for a movie, buy said idea, and make said movie with the world's worst director, the world's worst actors, the wrong musical score, and then watch comedy gold happen and the money roll in.

Mar 2014
Beneath a cold sun, a grey sun, a Heretic sun...
Doesn't always work. I watched a spaghetti war-movie yesterday. It was painful. What works in westerns just doesn't work in war movies. ("Hell In Normandy" if you were going to ask. Don't say I didn't warn you...)

Aug 2012
Indiana
Both movies were great. I would like to see them re-done, but only if they are willing to give it a good budget, and not so many tough-guy with big chip on their shoulder type of actors. The latest trend in movies anymore, seems to be these "boy or girl wonder" types, who are capable of impossible feats.

Jul 2011
Belgium
Doesn't always work. I watched a spaghetti war-movie yesterday. It was painful. What works in westerns just doesn't work in war movies. ("Hell In Normandy" if you were going to ask. Don't say I didn't warn you...)
Those Italian war movies are called "Macaroni Combat" movies.
I agree that most of them are bad, but there are occasionally some decent ones in the lot ("Anzio", for example, is definitely not a bad movie.)

Similar History Discussions